Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

29g seahorse tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 29g seahorse tank
    Posted: October 22 2010 at 8:06pm

My wife gave me the green light. I'm going to use some of the parts from my 180 take down that I couldn't sell. I don't have much money so we'll see how this goes. I don't think it will be pretty, at least not all of it, but should be functional and have some pretty life in it.

I have a 29 gallon tank (Thanks SGH360) that I will drill and create a small box overflow. This will be the DT. Mostly macro and sponges.

It will drain to a 50 gallon tote that will have sand, mangroves, ATO, and return pumps.

I will also have a 60 gallon acrylic tank to hold a few corals and a lot of macro algae, this area will be fishless for bugs and such. Just a big fuge. I will drill and create a small box overflow. I will run this tank RDP.

That's what I'm thinking anyway, nothing is set in stone. It will be just an odds and ends setup. Some rock in all tanks. I'll need to get some more Utah rock.

Questions-
What types of seahorses can be happy in a 29g tank? Where can I get them? I see that ORA sells pairs of Lined Seahorses (Hippocampus erectus) that should work. If I buy ORA tank bred, will they have genetic diversity to breed?

Any input is appreciated.

MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 10:39pm
Does anyone know where to get ORA Yellow Kuda Seahorse - Hippocampus kuda? I guess I could ask a LFS to order some. I wont need them for a while now but I'm curious of price for a pair.
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2010 at 12:52am
i dont know about the ORA ones but regulars are 160 bucks per pair
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic