Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ZEOvit ??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZEOvit ??????
    Posted: October 24 2010 at 12:11am

The last 3 amazing sps tanks that Ive seen all use this product. Is it a coincidence, or is there something to this stuff?

Life is good....right?
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 12:19am
let me ask you this how long have they been using this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 12:29am
I didnt ask any of them how long...
Life is good....right?
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 12:43am
this gives me the idea that this wonderful success probably premature, and later on could have problems, or it could be something else in the tank that making look amazing.

Honestly a good coral reef, just follows the ALK, Cal, Mag, PH good feeding, and good PAR adding extra stuff is just adding extra expenses

Edited by SGH360 - October 24 2010 at 12:45am
kody72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kody72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 1:27am
Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

this gives me the idea that this wonderful success probably premature, and later on could have problems, or it could be something else in the tank that making look amazing.

Honestly a good coral reef, just follows the ALK, Cal, Mag, PH good feeding, and good PAR adding extra stuff is just adding extra expenses
i disagree. this stuff works kz puts out some awesome products. do you use fuel?

Edited by kody72 - October 24 2010 at 12:06pm
KODY72 FISHROOM BUILD
281g DT
187g Rimless Frag
ATI PM lighting
SRO DSCR-300ext
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 9:34am
I completely agree, zeovit and similar products do work. I''m going to be starting the new prodibio systemn on my tank.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 11:47am
Bacterial driven systems are awesome!

There is nothing premature about them looking good. Some of the best European tanks have been using a bacteria system for years.

ZeoVit is expensive and there are other ways to get the same results.

For example, MicroBacter7 from Brightwell Aquatics and some vodka. Just those two items do wonders for tanks. I know that Aquatic Dreams uses ZeoVit on their main tank and Ryan loves the stuff.

http://www.rimlessreef.com/

There is a good site to read.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

I completely agree, zeovit and similar products do work. I''m going to be starting the new prodibio systemn on my tank.

Cool Steve, I really hope you start a thread about the product(s) you are using and how they affect things in your tank (which is one of my favorites by the way, and I realy want to come see it in person sometime)

And yes Ryan, Aquatic Dreams showtank is one of the 3 tanks I was refering to in this thread. Truely beautiful!
Life is good....right?
DanhNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanhNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 9:56am
I have been doing the Zeovit since Feb of this year and I do a see a big difference in my tank. This is because i been running the same tank for the last 12 years. It does make my coral brighter and better growth. I do the Basic 4 plus LPS Amnio acid.

Edited by DanhNgo - November 05 2010 at 9:56am
200 Gal Reef

25 Gal Nano Reef
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

There is nothing premature about them looking good. Some of the best European tanks have been using a bacteria system for years.

For example, MicroBacter7 from Brightwell Aquatics and some vodka. Just those two items do wonders for tanks. I know that Aquatic Dreams uses ZeoVit on their main tank and Ryan loves the stuff.

I completely agree with Ryan.

I've been dosing just vodka and aquavitro Fuel this whole week and I've already noticed a difference in my corals. That and the lack of algae growth. Cheap alternative and I believe it gives awesome results. I'm excited for my microbacter7 to get here today so I can contribute to the dosing thread.

In total I have spent $20 for supplies that will last me longer than I can think

Edited by Ahanix - November 05 2010 at 10:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 10:40am
Danh, your tank is also one of the 3 that I was refering to in this thread.  Your huge sps colonies are gorgeous, and are in themselves a tribute that you really do know what youre doing.  And after running your tank for 12 years, you being able to see a big difference in color and growth using zeovit makes me a believer that bacterial driven systems really do work. Thanks again for inviting me over.
Life is good....right?
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Ahanix Ahanix wrote:

Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

I completely agree with Ryan.

I've been dosing just vodka and aquavitro Fuel this whole week and I've already noticed a difference in my corals. That and the lack of algae growth. Cheap alternative and I believe it gives awesome results. I'm excited for my microbacter7 to get here today so I can contribute to the dosing thread.

In total I have spent $20 for supplies that will last me longer than I can think

When you get the MicroBacter7, start with the low nutrient dosage. Since we have the same tanks, size wise, start with one drop a day and watch your tank.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 11:36am
Danh has some of the same coral that we enjoyed in his tank at the after meeting dinners at his restaurant back then. Hard to believe it's been 12 years. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
DanhNgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanhNgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 12:42pm
Anybody needs microbact7? There is place selling the 2 liters bottle for like $16
200 Gal Reef

25 Gal Nano Reef
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2010 at 12:48pm
Locally? I want a 6 year supply lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic