Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEED A DEHUMIDIFER!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crzyfshguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crzyfshguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEED A DEHUMIDIFER!!!!!
    Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:41am
Accidentally left my R/O unit filling a bucket and left the house for three days. I have a ton of water everywhere and need a way to get it out of here.

Nobody rents a rug doctor this late at night so the carpets have to wait til the morning, but a dehumidifier would really help.

Call or text 801-347-6343
45G w/ leds
15G sump
MP10es

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 7:21am
Ouch Oh man, that's a feeling I know all too well. I don't have a dehumidifier but I believe that photoglen borrowed one just recently.

I finally got smarter and always fill buckets in the bathtub or on top of the washing machine. If it means that the tubing snakes through the hallway, it simply helps remind me that the RO unit is running.Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 7:29am
One of the first things I bought after my reef tank was a carpet steam cleaner.

They are around $120 - $200 depending on the model / brand

IMO a great investment, considering the cost of carpeting

Has saved my butt more than once LOL

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 9:35am
LOL It was a shop vac for me. LOL
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 10:01am
When I got married my parents gave my wife a wet dry shop vac as a gift and said "living with Adam, you'll need it"

Not long after that they also gave us a carpet cleaner.

Adam
ps- I'd let you borrow my dehumidifier but photoglen is already borrowing it
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 12:55pm
I have a good sized one, but it is in Tooele with Glen. If you can get it you can borrow it.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
PhotoGlen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhotoGlen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 4:38pm
I spoke to Tyson and my son is meeting him in SLC.  Thank you to both Curtis and Adam for the use of these life savers!   Big smile  Thanks again, Glen.
I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.
George Burns

Now two 29 gal. Biocubes
90 gal. with a 40 gal. sump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crzyfshguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 5:35pm
I just got back from picking them both up from Glen's son. Adam and Curtis thank you so much, I would be lost without this club and the great people in it.

Now lets see how much water we can pull out of this place, just about everything in the house is wet to the touch.

I owned a steam cleaner just for this purpose, but the last time I had water everywhere from my tank cracking it got burned up when my girlfriend thought you had to use the button (pump) to suck up the water, and with the tank empty.... ooops.

And my only other save would have been my shop vac which is in storage.
45G w/ leds
15G sump
MP10es

Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 7:18pm
Unfortunately, I didn't have a leak on the carpet at my old house, but I did at work, and my trusty wet-dry shop vac was great! I highly recommend one if you have any sort of aquarium with water.

downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 11:11am
Hows the battle going? I hate to do this but I am going to need my dehumidifier back soon. My house is getting really damp and starting to get mold on the windows. Let me know if this is a possibility.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crzyfshguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2010 at 3:22pm
Not a problem, I don't want you in the same boat as me. I am still dumping both machines twice a day but the house is dry enough that the carpets are finally dry.

Do you know what brand yours was?
45G w/ leds
15G sump
MP10es

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic