Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Idaho 100 build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 1:20pm
Looks great! Thanks for posting.

Welcome.
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 1:21pm
Wow, great tank.  You have some serious wood working skills.
Idaho-Tank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 2:02pm
Thanks for the welcome and compliments guys.
100 gal reef. 180 gal build starting
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 2:25pm
Awesome tank! Welcome:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 4:14pm
I'm really impressed with not only your wood working but the acrylic work as well.  First time and you took on that!! Good for you!!!
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 5:43pm
I'm curious as to the cost of the acrylic and the time it took on your sump. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM I'd appreciate it.

Awesome tank build thread! What's your goal for your 180????
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 6:43pm
looks awesome, great craftsmanship!

Only 3 months up, great growth on your corals, I'm jealous!
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
Idaho-Tank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idaho-Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2010 at 8:19pm
Thanks everyone for the great comments!  

Luckedout, I think I spent right around $100 for the 4x8 sheet of acrylic and have almost half of that left.  As for the time, I am slow at things like that - I would say I probably spent around 20-30 or so hours start to finish.  I will be much faster working with the acrylic the second time around.  There is a learning curve for sure.

As for the goal for my 180, at this point the only thing I have decided is that it will be a reef tank.  I don't want it to be a repeat of my 100.  I am planning on attending the  SLC Reef Fest and get ideas for aquascape, equipment etc...  I would also love to hear suggestions.  I will start a 180 build thread soon.  I will be welcoming all the advice and suggestions I can get.

Edited by Idaho-Tank - November 03 2010 at 8:19pm
100 gal reef. 180 gal build starting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic