Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy New Tank: Red Sea Max250

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gutfeeling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 11:55pm
I added new fish today, we needed a little more action in the swimming department. So we added two fire gobys and a cucumber, I read that every tank should have at least one. So we bought one. His name is Waldo. The other fish don't have names yet. I also purchased a fugia frag, it is purple. And a whole lot of snails that (hopefully) will be able to turn themselves back over if they fall on their backs. Other than that I have a few things I am going to post on the buy/sell/trade forum so you should all take a look. I will try to post new pictures tomorrow. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 2:52pm
Okay, so it took me a while to get more pictures, but here they are. These don't show all of our new arivals... Waldo.. or the two other fire gobies, it seems since I added them the gobies have sort of retreated to the rocks. Hummm interesting. No these pictures show the tank as it is, my awesome new frags that I did myself (*proud*) and Bonnie and Clide. Our new couple. They are the clowns. And they are soooo cute. But they don't seem interested in the anemones yet so we will wait. Other than that I am happy with how things are going in this tank. Though I am starting a question thread about our little nano tank... some weird stuff is happening in there.

boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 3:20pm
Tank is looking good gutfeeling.  Hope the Bioballs helped

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 4:03pm
yes they are helping lots. I am glad we got them. Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 12:44pm

So, I posted somewhere on here aobut my science report. And I am asking everyone that cares.... What would you say are the three most important Physical aspects you need to watch or improve on a reef tank? Things like lighting, ph, salitity, ect...?

Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 1:08pm
Water flow, bio-diversity, lighting and water quality. That's 4 and you're lucky I limited myself to that...Tongue
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 1:28pm
I like Ben's post above.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 2:42pm
hummmm.... interesting. Maybe I will use four instead of three. That will at least lengthen my report. Thank you for the feedback guys.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 3:00pm
Now, if you could point me in the right direction to talk to "Pros" on these Four that would be awesome, other wise I will have to find them out for myself. (*sigh*) I am glad I picked up so many brochures at the MWRF. I think that gives me somewhere to start when it comes to Lighting, Flow, and Bio-diversity. I am not sure who to look for with Quality.
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 4:00pm
The 4 most important things in my book:

Water Chemistry (this includes alk, pH, salinity, Ca, Mg, NO3, etc.), Water-flow, Lighting, Biodiversity. If you want a real pro on reef chemistry talk to Randy Holmes-Farley, for flow just look up coral respiration and gas exchange in water and you'll understand why it's so important. Lighting is a broad subject so there are plenty of people you could look up on that. The local expert in biodiversity is Adam, I would give him a call and I'm sure he can give you all sorts of great info. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 4:52pm
Thank you CapnMorgan. That really helps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 5:09pm
Lets see... I guess I will start by getting some interview questions for each subject together, then I will contact my "Pros" and ask for their cooperation... or elseEvil Smile! Just kidding... he he. Then, ummm... I guess it will be compiling all of it together! I would post my end result on the forum (probably in this topic because it is mine) but I don't think you all really want to read my amuture report. But thanks for all the help.
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2010 at 8:53am
oh i think those used to be my clown fish Big smile
It's not about what you know but about who you know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2010 at 12:23pm
I think they are. They are super happy, but the big one seems to enjoy bumping into and cuddling with our foxface. He doesn't like it all too much. Oh well. As long as she doesn't over do it I am sure she will be fine.

By the way, I am selling some frags! I have a five head frogspawn that decided to break off and is now attached to a nice sized live rock, some brown/ brown-green zoas(?) Some Nice Green little zoas(?) Kenia trees, and button pollops/star pollops (I am not sure which they are...) So if anyone is interested I will put up adds on the for sale area.
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2010 at 7:56am
yeah the big one is nice he used to cuddle with a crab and it was the same one everytime until his buddy got killed, i would like some frog spawn
It's not about what you know but about who you know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gutfeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 12:02pm
SAD NEWS... :( My life has taken a turn for the worst, so I am selling my beautiful Red Sea Max and everything inside. I am tearing up just saying it, but sometimes in life you have to do things you normaly wouldn't. So if you guys are interested we still have the following in the tank, and the tank its self.
RBTA 2-3 in
Foxface Rabbit Fish 3 in
A Beautiful pair of Clowns, the big one has a nice black sadle now. 1-2ish inches
Brown Platy frags
A larger rock with cute green zoas on it
Toadstool 3in tall 1-2in wide
Condelatic anenome
about 60lbs of LR
about 40lbs of LS
one cucumber
watchman gobie
two fire gobies
and an awesome green and purple carpet anenome

Please just make an offer for the whole set, or just parts. We really need the cash, and the tank should probably be gone by the start of the year. Thanks for all the help. I am staying in the hobby with our 12 gallon tank, but right now is a tough time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic