Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Howdy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Howdy!
    Posted: November 07 2010 at 1:17pm
Hey so I finally sank in and am converting my tank to saltwater! So those of you who don't know me I'm Sabra, I'm Steve's/Capn Morgan's Girlfriend, and I've had freshwater fish for over 2.5 years and finally caught the salt water bug this past month. I live in Erda (same street as Thompsons for those of you who know what that is)which is just on the way into Tooele. I have a Boston Terrier who's name is Luna Piggy because she sounds like a pig from her short nose. LOL I have a 100G Wavefront with a 30G sump. So as soon as I start adding my sand and rocks I'll post some pictures! Well I look forward to working with you guys even more than I already have been.

-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
Boston Terrier-Luna Piggy
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 1:35pm
Surprised it took Steve this long to convince you to get moved to salt!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 3:01pm
Haha well actually he didn't, I decided to finally make the change. I've always really liked salt water and I've bought stuff to put in his tank since he started, but I just never really saw myself doing it. Now which one are you? I'm not good with the sign on names, so if I have met you I'm sorry.
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 3:08pm
Don't let her fool you, it still took a good amount of convincing LOL, she's always been happy to pick stuff out for my tanks, and add corals but she never planned on doing one herself. As of today the wavefront is empty of freshwater fish and ready to be drained so we can start the fun stuff. Everyone has to admit this is an epic win for reefers everywhere! So now it's time for everyone else to get their wives and girlfriends into the hobby!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

Now which one are you? I'm not good with the sign on names, so if I have met you I'm sorry.

I'm the red headed Wootton brother. You know the smarter, wittier, and better looking one. We met at Brads house when Adam did that Coral florescence thing.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 5:58pm
Oh ok I remember now!
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

Now which one are you? I'm not good with the sign on names, so if I have met you I'm sorry.

I'm the red headed Wootton brother. You know the smarter, wittier, and better looking one. We met at Brads house when Adam did that Coral florescence thing.

I wouldnt really consider him being smarter actually our little brother is way smarter than the both of us, wittier.. .yes i will give that to him! .... oh and I'm way better looking (little does he know I pay his wife to tell him he is good looking)

But in all seriousness! Welcome glade you dove in and dove in big. 100g wave front is a call tank!

Edited by disneymania - November 07 2010 at 8:21pm
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 11:30pm
If you have a Boston then you must be smart!
I love my Boston.
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 12:34am
This doesn't surprise me at all....my wife had no interest in then hobby either until Capn Morgan came around.....that is, she caught glimpse of his pink birdsnest here on the forums Wink....glad you are making the shift to Salt Water, Welcome to the hobby!

Edited by bur01014 - November 08 2010 at 12:37am
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 10:25am
Heck yes! I love her, she's so much fun!
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 10:27am
Haha ya it's funny how that works. I'm way excited, it just may be a slow process getting it all up and running working it into my schedule, but it'll be way awesome once its done!
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

Don't let her fool you, it still took a good amount of convincing LOL, she's always been happy to pick stuff out for my tanks, and add corals but she never planned on doing one herself. As of today the wavefront is empty of freshwater fish and ready to be drained so we can start the fun stuff. Everyone has to admit this is an epic win for reefers everywhere! So now it's time for everyone else to get their wives and girlfriends into the hobby!
My wife had ZERO interest in saltwater aquariums. She thought my venture into it was dumb. With some resistance she finally let me put it in the family room. As time went on she warmed up to it. Now I catch her staring at it. There is a mushroom and a fish in there that are "hers". The other day she suggested we save up for a 90 gal.LOL so we can get tangs and this and that.

Welcome to this wonderful corner of the world.
BTW we've met, I have come over to Steve's on occation to get stuff. I'm the only Grantsville one here. (I think)
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 3:21pm
I know I owe someone on here a frag of birdsnest it's been cut forever but I can't remember who it was! So if you ready this and it's you let me know!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 3:41pm
This is awesome! cant wait to see pics!

xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by CapnMorgan CapnMorgan wrote:

I know I owe someone on here a frag of birdsnest it's been cut forever but I can't remember who it was! So if you ready this and it's you let me know!

Yeah, It was me.

JUST KIDDIN'
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic