Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Raffle suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KMastin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMastin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raffle suggestions
    Posted: November 07 2010 at 8:24pm
I would like to suggest that the raffle buckets be labeled as to the item they are for and for the number of that items available.  I won a prize that I didn't know I was getting, the buckets were close and I either got the wrong one or they were accidentally switched.  Some prizes like the sand and fish food it was hard to tell how many were in the prize.  It was also a little difficult to find all the items up for raffle as they all weren't in the raffle room.  I almost missed seeing the really nice light in the vendor room.   I would have liked to see some corals in the raffle as well.  I got some really nice ones last year.
Kathy Mastin
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 9:29pm
Great input!  Thanks
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 10:05pm
i would also suggest that they should raffle at an earlier time.   i had to leave eraly because of work. i'll make sure to ask for the day off next year. great prices though
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by SGH360 SGH360 wrote:

i would also suggest that they should raffle at an earlier time.   i had to leave eraly because of work. i'll make sure to ask for the day off next year. great prices though

I imagine that would be hard to do because you want everyone to have a chance to enter. If you ended it early a lot of people couldn't participate. I definitely second the coral frag suggestions for the next raffle!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 12:40am
If I may suggest....might be a good idea to not use CLEAR raffle ticket holders (tupperware)....I could tell which items I was far fetched of winning and which I could cram my whole stack into and more than likely win.....then again, this kinda of makes it fun...just an interesting thought than a suggestion...having dark ticket holders would just make the whole "raffle" situation more reliant upon luck rather than having some insight (clear holder) on chance of winning...Wink   I probably wasn't the only one walking around looking for something that had little to none tickets turned in....

Edited by bur01014 - November 08 2010 at 12:43am
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 12:57am
A blind raffle would make one more likely to enter for the prizes they really want and not just the ones that they are more likely to win.
I actually like the idea of one raffle bin and all prizes are pulled from the same one. Start with the lower prizes and work your way to the big prizes. I like it random like that.

Edited by MadReefer - November 08 2010 at 12:59am
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by MadReefer MadReefer wrote:

A blind raffle would make one more likely to enter for the prizes they really want and not just the ones that they are more likely to win.

I actually like the idea of one raffle bin and all prizes are pulled from the same one. Start with the lower prizes and work your way to the big prizes. I like it random like that.

I would NEVER enter a raffle like that! There were MULTIPLE items in the raffle I wasn't interested in at all. Why would I want to win a MH bulb when I don't use MH?

I would be upset if my tickets got pulled on crap I was never going to use. I like having a little more control than that.
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 5:28pm
I for one thought the raffle was awesome... love the way its done, clear tupperware and specific bins for specific items, and all.... I still put all my tickets in 1 bin and lost (thanks jackie)... but I belive it shouldn't. Change a bit
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 5:51pm
I like the way it was set up. I didn't see the really nice light that was being raffle off in the vendor room. This light filled up not one but three tupperware bucket So it was seen by a lot of people. I have never been to a raffle that big before so....           
 Good Job Adam 
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by MadReefer MadReefer wrote:

I would NEVER enter a raffle like that! There were MULTIPLE items in the raffle I wasn't interested in at all. Why would I want to win a MH bulb when I don't use MH?

I would be upset if my tickets got pulled on crap I was never going to use. I like having a little more control than that.
I didn't go this year **shakes fist at work**. But my experience has only been that raffles are like giving money away anyway. I've had much better luck buying something when I want it. lol. Maybe I just have terrible luck when it comes to raffles. I was just thinking that if I was to give money away again, I would like a chance to win anything at all. The way it is now, it is best to be the last one to add tickets to the bins and play the odds to at least make your moneys worth. I like it more random I guess. If I won something I couldn't use, I'm sure I could find someone to trade or sell it to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic