Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACANS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACANS
    Posted: November 08 2010 at 7:40pm
I've never spot feed them and mine grow like crazy.  The lower they are the better colors they have with my experience.  
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 6:50pm
I would say that depends on the tank.

Spot feeding them will provide you with faster growth over the long run with acans.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 6:49pm
They like lower light, so put them more towards the bottom of the tank. I personally have found mine like being up off the sandbed on rock. I used to have mine on the sandbed and recently put them on my frag rack which is slightly above the sand and they do much better there. Also make sure your mag. is at least 1300 to keep them happy. You don't have to spot feed them but they do much better and grow faster if you do.
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 6:27pm
do you always have to spot feed them or will they do ok just with light and whatever else they catch?
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 10:00pm
i also just goe some and i placed them in the bottom and they look like they are doing fine, i even feed them some brine shrimp 
It's not about what you know but about who you know
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 9:53pm
i just got some acans for the first time,  do i need to put them on a rock or just down in the sand?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic