Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy New BC -You Will Envy Me-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New BC -You Will Envy Me-
    Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:24pm
So I picked up a Bio Cube this weekend and wanted to show it off to you guys. I think it's one of the best Nano's I've seen in a long time. I love the aquascaping and generous use of aptasia. I also think the mass sheets of cyano really compliments those beautiful anemones. And don't get me started on the Bryopsis (hard to see because of the finely accented lines in the glass). This rare and beautiful algae brings a level of life as it pokes up above the cyano, don't you think? All of this tied in together with simple bubble algae. I count myself lucky to have picked up this gem!

No really though, I did buy this thing. Honestly I got it for the Fish, Live rock (which is now in the process of dying on my back porch), and most importantly the stand.

The couple who sold it to me were very nice, they just needed some money and had no time to take care of the BC. I can understand that. 

Anyways, anybody need some live sand to help seed there tank?

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - November 15 2010 at 10:25pm
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:37pm
At least I know it got a good home :). Ugh! That is something I cannot believe that!
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:38pm
What fish were in it that you bought it for ?
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:40pm
Amazing! Tank of the year!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Amazing! Tank of the year!
+1 to that LOL
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 9:30am
It looks a lot like Jake's tanks  ;)

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 9:51am
We were so bummed when she called us back saying someone else was coming to get it. Now, I am not so bummed.
 I am glad you got what you wanted out of it though.. thank goodness you were not planning on using the tank.
 Pam
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 10:39am
There have been soooo many times I have called and bought stuff only to have the seller call me back and say they have been offered more money by someone else. I really hate that about KSL.
Life is good....right?
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

It looks a lot like Jake's tanks  ;)

Adam

Your right.  I does look like a tank I used to have.  To grow Aiptaisa to raise Berghia.  My current tank looks slightly better.Wink
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by disneymania disneymania wrote:

What fish were in it that you bought it for ?

it came with a bicolor blenny, clown, 2 pajama cardinals, and a yellow goby. i also managed to frag some mushrooms off of some of the rocks (no way in he!! I would put the rocks themselves into my tank).

Micah

Edited by Sculpin - November 17 2010 at 12:44pm
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 1:10am
Jeff's I totally agree it was REALLY annoying. But at least the guy that snaked it from us was honest with me...lol.. he sent me a message saying he thinks he did me a favor.
 Pam
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 1:15am
I do think I did you a favor. Now I've got to figure out what I'm going to do with this mess. I honestly am considering buffing out the scratches regardless off how long it will take. I'll do that or make it into a frag tank. Maybe try wrapping it in mylar and using some of those new CP lights Capt Morgan has been talking about. Maybe I can get sps to grow in it... who knows!

Micah
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 3:43pm
That's true Micah you will figure some use for it. It's just frustrating there are so many scratches.
 Your a good guy Micah and I appreciate your honesty more then you know.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic