Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tank crashed all perams were perfect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tank crashed all perams were perfect
    Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:08pm
Yeasterday my tank looked kinda bad so I tested the water everything was perfect its been great for like 5 or more months mushrooms melted clown died after a long time look like he was gasping the whole time I have good gas exchange all was well I checked it this morning and bristle worms were everywhere all my mushrooms were gone and xenia wilted and laid on the rock I got everything out in to a friends tank all of them are perfect again any ideas my friend said some kind of chemical might have got in what should I do with the rock to start it again and sand how should I clean or should I clean any imput would be sweet
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:21pm
what params did you test? Could you post the results?

Any chemicals used around the tank? Cleaners? How bout the stuff you use for the tank like buckets? Any metals around the tank?
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:28pm
amonia I'm sure I didn't spell that right 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 20 ph 7.8 a little low alk 300ppm no chemicals that I know of we cleaned our bedroom really good the other day with cleaners but not buy the tank could fums do this
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:29pm
Anything in an aerosol could easily get into the tank. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:33pm
Sounds like a "Febreeze" case to me :/ sorry for your tank crash!
shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:34pm
Ok how to clean the rock and sand the wierd thing is some things that looked dead this morning are looking ok I guess I have some snails still alive as well everything else is in a friends tank
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 7:50pm
Do a big water change and add carbon.

You don't really need to clean the rock and sand.

If that doesn't work then there is something bigger going on.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 8:04pm
Ok cool thank you just glad I found someone to hold all my stuff till I get it pulled out I will be getting atleast 10 more pounds to help with filtration of sand and live rock on top of my 30 lbs of each already in my 30 gallon with a 10 gallon sump hope it work thanks again
shawn0999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawn0999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 1:26am
Another question how long should I wait to add my live stock back to the tank
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2010 at 11:59am
I would do some big water changes, add some carbon and let it sit for a few days. Then I'd try adding a xenia or something and seeing how he does. If it does fine after a few days then you're probably safe. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic