Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First Tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First Tank
    Posted: November 20 2010 at 11:57am
Hello All,

My name is Brandon. I have been in this hobby for nearly a year now. I have learned tons and have much much more to learn. I have a lot of fun and it is very rewarding.

Here are a few crummy pics I snapped with my old 6.0MP Kodak. It is a 90GAL with a sump/refuge I built, along with the custom double U open surface skimming siphon I built. I have a HOB octopus skimmer and ~240lbs of live rock in the tank. Things are looking better every week. Over the past 2-3 weeks the GBTA I bought several months ago is finally getting its color back and looking awesome. I still have a ways to go on the RBTA's. I will try to snap some pics of the GBTA because it looks 10x better than these pics. Anyway, enjoy.

Full Tank View

Full Tank View again

Birdsnest Frag

Anemones

Dendros

Feather Duster

Flash so you can see the fish

Frogspawn

Hidden Cup Coral

Prisim Favia

Rics

Side View

Palys and Zoas

More Zoas
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 12:03pm
Looks great Brandon! Welcome to WMAS!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 12:09pm
I am frustrated with my tank. I feel it is _okay_. I was wondering if anyone had any constructive criticism. I look at other tanks and say wow. I look at my tank and say meh. I want my tank to look _wow_. Any suggestions would be great.

Brandon
kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 12:38pm
 it takes time its still a baby at year old looks great  nice corals and again Welcome to WMAS
day light scares me im going back under
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 12:56pm
What is it about other tanks that make you say wow? Your wow and my wow may be 2 different things.

I also think a lot of us look at our tanks and say.... meh, could be better. When our tank looks awesome to someone else. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 1:02pm
Rock arrangements and coral selection I guess. I have actually been trying to pin down what it is that makes me say wow in other tanks. I guess that is the question I need to answer ehh.

Brandon
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 1:19pm
Looks great. the only thing i see its there is alot of rock. it seems crammed
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 7:20pm
I agree. I'm bad at cramming a tank full of rock because I always have so many beautiful pieces to choose from.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic