Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who would like to help move a tank? PLEASE.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Inthenameofweez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who would like to help move a tank? PLEASE.
    Posted: November 20 2010 at 4:13pm
I've found my first tank. (90gal) It is located in Sugar house and needs to be moved to Riverdale. Smile

We have 2 trucks, plenty of rubbermaids, and buckets with lids. We'll have 4-5 guys so it can be done very quickly. But I would LOVE to have help pointing fingers and keeping us from doing something stupid. 

My hope is to do this next Friday or Saturday. After the Thanksgiving madness.

I'm willing to pay in beer or in a home cooked meal (if you don't drink) after we get it to my house.

I'm begging you guys, someone has got to have some time available next weekend. I'm hoping that this rain leaves us by then, but if not, we'll use a bed cover to keep the temp closer to what it needs to be for the 40 minute drive.

Please give me a call if you're able to help on another day or if you want to offer verbal assistance even.
Thank you ahead of time reefers.
(Two-one-four) 991-4054

Edited by Inthenameofweez - November 20 2010 at 7:31pm
-Clayton
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 4:36pm
OMG I love that tank cabinet and canopy.. very pretty!
 Pam
john hill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 4:38pm
i wish that you were closer i could helpbut thats a long drive for me
out with the large and in with the nano

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by john hill john hill wrote:

i wish that you were closer i could helpbut thats a long drive for me

If you were willing to meet in Sugar House, we could drive from there, and bring you back to your car after all is said and done!
-Clayton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

OMG I love that tank cabinet and canopy.. very pretty!
 Pam

So come see it in person!! Tongue
-Clayton
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 6:09pm
Be sure to post the date and time.  I'm always in sugarhouse

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 6:21pm
I will post it as soon as it's set. Should I send you a PM also?
-Clayton
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 9:04pm
wish icould help but its on the weekend i work those days

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2010 at 10:27pm
It will not be on the weekend. Turns out the seller works weekends also.
-Clayton
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 8:57am
Have you read the good threads here about moving a tank with it's LS and LR? There are some very important things to take into consideration and plan ahead for, especially since it's cold outside and you are new to this. See the Tips section of the thread linked below.

Edited by Mark Peterson - November 21 2010 at 9:03am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inthenameofweez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

Have you read the good threads here about moving a tank with it's LS and LR? There are some very important things to take into consideration and plan ahead for, especially since it's cold outside and you are new to this. See the Tips section of the thread linked below.

I'm reading as much as I can every single day! Lol. Did you get a chance to look at the pictures that I've sent to you through PM?
-Clayton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic