Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 clown triggers dead..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2011 at 11:19pm
Yup
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 7:40am
Hererra, are you there? You really need to call. We could clear up a lot of things in an instant if you would. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
herrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 9:43pm
Hello all, I talked to Mark, and he insisted i double check what my Alk, and Calcium levels are at..  my little card kit does not have a calcium tester, and the Alk card only reads from 2.7-3.2 and the color is darker than the card shows.

So if anyone has a alk kit, and wouldn't mind testing my water, i would highly appretiate it, i can come to you if you live somewhat close, (roy to bountiful)

Also need some micro algea, if anyone has some to get rid of.

And despite what is wrong with my tank, what would be better purchase? RO unit or Protein Skimmer?
Bird world has a Turbo Floater 1000 (up tp 250g) Protein skimmer on sale for $150..
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 10:31pm
Dude aquatic dreams in layton will test your water for free. They also sale RO water for 25 cents a gallon. So you could use that until you get a RO unit
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 10:43pm
I have no experience with protien skimmers, having never run one, but I would recommend using www.bulkreefsupply.com for the RO unit.  I got a pretty nice one for Christmas, clearly more than the entry level, but their suff is top notch.  I love the online videos that show step by step install instructions for all their equipment.  We really like drinking RO water too, so I have it plumbed to a side faucet on the sink as well as through my fridge & ice maker.
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2011 at 12:14am
You stated earlier that you alk was 27dkh. I personally think the "better purchase" would be a salifert alk and a salifert cal test kit. Get those in range and your fish will live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic