Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flatworms

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 9:40pm
I'm sure they are like mice.  If you see one...
BILLYBOB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLYBOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 12:00pm
Levamosole Is THE KEY!!!! It is the same as FWE but in the original concentrated form, and a fraction of the price, use it one time and your problem will be GONE period! I have plenty left and will gladly give you some, I live in South Jordan 90th S and 40th W area Call me
BILLY BOB 916-5000
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 1:52pm
Thumbs Up You're the man.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
idahreefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idahreefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 4:11pm
try a target mandarin, it's natural & they will get fat on them, plus a nice bonus with a great looking fish, mine has been in my system for years!
martin
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 7:36pm
A big thing to do is dip your coils in a dip to prevent them in the first place! I learned this lesson the hard way as well. Now nothing goes in my tank with out a dip first no matter who I get it from.
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
invisionthis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisionthis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2011 at 11:40pm
Laynframe, What do you "dip" them in first? How does that process work? I haven't seen a lot of worms in my tank but I did see a HUGE one today..Good 3 inches wide...  who knows how long... I tried grabbing him but he was on my lr and he just retreated.

Jason
Jason
90 gal w/ 55 gal Sump
Eclipse Combo 29 gal
www.invisioncomputers.com
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 10:33am
A huge flatworm can be harmless. Is it eating coral?

There are preventive dip medications made just for this purpose. Flatworms can be disposed of in several ways, including a quick one minute dip and swish in tapwater or a longer dip in levamisole medicated saltwater.
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 2:26pm
Coral RX is what I use, and it always amazes me what comes off corals that you never saw before. I know Aquatic dreams sells it. Its about 25 bucks but its cheap insurance you dont get anything from someone else. Kinda like std's of the reef world lol.
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
invisionthis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote invisionthis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 10:10pm
So I have read of people doing a fresh water dip.. can you guys explain how this works? If you dip coral or your live rock in fresh water wont it also kill your coral and other good stuff on the rock?

Thanks Guys
Jason
Jason
90 gal w/ 55 gal Sump
Eclipse Combo 29 gal
www.invisioncomputers.com
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 6:59pm
Yes, a one minute dip in fresh water will kill all the flatworms, even the good ones. I probably shouldn't have mentioned the freshwater dip. I do it in certain circumstances only.
MajorPayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajorPayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 7:54pm
I have a sixline if you want him, he is about 1 1/2"-2" you can take him for 15

Edited by MajorPayne - February 02 2011 at 7:54pm
downhill_biker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhill_biker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 9:41am
FWE is great. As others have said if you have a large population do smaller dose to kill a portion of the FW and then do the full dose later. You should always try to suck out as many as you can by hand before you use FWE. As stated before the decomposing FW are what is toxic. If you reduce their numbers before dosing, you reduce the toxins you have to remove after.
Make sure you post your best pictures every month in our POTM forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic