Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP!!! Need a square pin 65w PC bulb ASAP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Riverton_Ten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!!! Need a square pin 65w PC bulb ASAP!!
    Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:56pm
After cleaning the salt out of the CURRENT 65w PC fixture I own, the bulb wouldn't fire.  It's really old, and I should have had back-up bulbs before messing with it.  Now my 20 gal tank has NO LIGHTS.  YIKES!!

I need to find a 65w square pin PC bulb  -- even USED would be fine --  but ideally I'd like to get a new setup with more power.  Been using two separate 65w fixtures, but now I have nothing.

Can anyone out there help me?  Does anyone have a spare square pin 65w bulb I can buy from them, or borrow until I get something else?  Anyone have a PC light setup that'll fit my 20 gal tank?  I don't want my tank to die, and I'm leaving town next week.  I'm not ready for MH or T-5's.

I'm in Riverton, south end of SL county.  PLEASE CALL ME or PM if you've got anything I can use.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, EVERYONE!!

-- Daniel  801-808-1132
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 10:16pm
are you sure its not the ballast?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 11:21pm
Nope.  Not sure.  I just know that I took the acrylic cover off and wiped out the salt residue from that and the reflector, put it back on, and then it wouldn't turn on.  Thought that if I had a loaner bulb to try in there, I could see if it was the ballast or the bulb that was no good.  I lean towards the bulb, as it hasn't been replaced in 2 years or more.   It was working when I turned it off to clean it.  Not a problem going on or off before this.

It does a little -- and I mean little -- blue flare-up near the pin end of the bulb when I tried to switch it on after letting it sit for a bit, but then it stopped doing even that after a few tries. 

Any ideas folks? 
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 12:44am
I can have any of the items below for you tomorrow brand new from one of my suppliers as long as they have them in stock.

CU-02032 - 65w 10000 Power Comp. square pin- $25.99ea
CU-02035 - 65w 10000/420nm Power Comp. square pin - $25.99ea
CU-01764 - Replacement Ballast 1x65w - $26.99ea
CU-01913 - Replacement Ballast 2x65w - $29.99ea

Thank you!
Arthur
435-830-4514
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 11:12am
I have slightly used ones. Call made, address given, see you soon.Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
kethomps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kethomps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 11:39am
I have a fixture you can have.  It has 4 flat pin 65w bulbs and the ballast.  Everything works but it is about time to change the bulbs.  Let me know if you are interested.  I can leave it outside for you to pick up anytime.  
210g sw fish
West Jordan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riverton_Ten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 5:43pm
PM sent -- thanks!  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic