Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks to all who helped.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Piscavore1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piscavore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks to all who helped.
    Posted: December 23 2010 at 11:59pm
I have lurked on this site for several months now and decided it is time to register. I have run FW tanks for 20+ years - mostly with killies and few small south american cichlids. A neighbor moved 3 months ago and left me holding what he couldn't sell from his SW tank. Thanks to the advice on this board all the critters and fish have survived. With little effort on my part I was able to find answers to most of the questions I had. Once again, many thanks for all your work to make it easier for me.

I am tempted to attend the January meeting - what is the normal agenda for these meetings? Is it appropriate for a non-member to attend?
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 12:10am
Welcome to the board!! Information on this site is great, we can all learn from each others goods, bads, and mistakes....

But yes a non member can attend they are pretty fun. Plus you get to talk about the stuff other people think is crazy talk
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 12:19am
Non members are more then welcome at all meetings! January's meetings will be our first frag fest of the year. This is a fund raiser where the club sells frags super cheap to raise money to support the club and bring in awesome speakers for the rest of the year. This meeting is very informal and usually is only the frag fest portion with a brief intro at the start. You can also purchase a membership at the at this meeting and receive major discounts on any frags that you purchase (usually 50%).

Welcome to the board and please come to the meeting and meet some awesome hobbiest and get some great frags!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 1:22am

and hope to see you at the meeting.
The meetings are for everyone. Just like this MB. At the usual meetings nobody asks if you are a paid member or not. Big smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 1:20pm
Welcome, Look forward to meeting you.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2010 at 3:35pm
My first meeting was a "Frag Fest."  While people are all generally polite, when there are corals to be had on the cheap you can expect a slightly more "competitive" atmosphere.  Don't let that put you off.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic