Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nitrate Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 2:48pm
Love it Mark!!!  Not only a talented Aquarist but a budding artist as well.Clap
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 9:37pm
Well i bought the HD clip on light, and guess what guys it did not fit under my stand!. 29G sump is way to big, and the clip on light did not fit on the top. My question can i put the light on the side rather than on top of the sump?
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 4:04am
After much thought i decided to use my 10G light fixture as the lights. The clip on did not fit not matter what i did. here is a sketch of what i am planning to do.

The fixture is for 2x25w Lighting. I bought CF 6500k 26w lights, that are rated of output of 100w of light. this is twice as much than the clip on light i was going to use. Is this enough lighting? The bulbs says it cool white 6500k I am not sure if that matters. Let me know what you guys think
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 8:58am
That should do wonderfully. Clap

An open sand bed with only Macroalgae over it, would still be a good thing.

Edited by Mark Peterson - January 07 2011 at 9:03am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 12:06pm
I am a believer in just a refugium stacked full of LR/rubble, with tons of macro....dsb is just a pain to me, potential for a crash, messy, more maintainence....but others swear by it, my macro does just fine keeping nitrates to 0....see how your nitrates do, after a couple of years, you may want to ditch the sand and go with just rock and macro...good luck
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 1:27pm
I manage to put the fixture without the wood blocks its pretty sturdy, plus i remove over 90% of the LR from the refugium i cant believe how much of the LR was covered with pods. Looks pretty good also i remove the Powerhead. I'll see if any changes happen during this next few weeks.Smile
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 4:11pm
what did you do with the live rock?
40 gal w/ 20 sump
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2011 at 4:22pm
they are on a 10G tank that i have upstairs, i dont know what im going to do with the tank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic