Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help With Vertex Pro Bio Pellets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Vertex Pro Bio Pellets
    Posted: January 05 2011 at 12:52pm
I started up using bio pellets but stop because I didn't have the right size pump to tumble the Pellets. I now have a pump that will do the job. I used the new pump and all the pellets are stick together. I took it to the bath tub to clean it and it all smells really bad. I now have it ruining in the bath tub to clean it all out and hoping I can still use the pellets. Can someone help me out here? Should I just buy more bio pellets and start over?Ouch

Edited by jcoulter17 - January 05 2011 at 12:55pm
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2011 at 1:29pm
Did you soak the pellets in fresh water for a day or so before use?
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2011 at 1:46pm
yup, but I let this stuff sit for about 5 days without any flow. I was told from a fish store that it's all bad and that I need to buy more and I was told from a distributors that sell to all the store that just to clean it out really good and that I can still use the pellets. So I don't know what to do. I was hoping someone here has more information
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2011 at 2:15pm
I don't see why it would be bad? I would just rinse well with RO water and put it back in your reactor and fire it back up.
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2011 at 3:30pm
Hey thanks tcfab but I'm just going to start over and buy some new pellets. I just order a new Modified internal plenum assembly that is designed for bio pellets from nextreef.com.  I have the right pump now, so it's a good time to start over now that I have all the right stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic