Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SHOULD I BUY???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 1:11pm
AGREED.....I  did some Sketches to show everyone what the plan is 
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 1:26pm
Looks good. Is that built to scale? Tank looks a bit bigger than a 65g to me, or that door is really small. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 2:03pm
Not really built to scale I just did it really fast.....door will be small about 20" But I wanted the access to all of the extra room behind both walls!!!
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 11:50am
Here are some actual pictures of where I am at so far!

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 11:53am
The middle picture is the area behind the wall to the right....around the corner....I am going to put in a floor, sheet rock, add lights and hopefully some day set up a frag tank, utility sink, and hook up my ro/di system with a water storage tank....SOMEDAY!!!  But going to worry about the DT first!
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 11:54am
Will you be sealing that area off from the rest of the attic space?  Is that what the green board is?  Maybe I'm confused by the pics not being in order?  Is the middle pic prior to you starting work?
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Jerrick Jerrick wrote:

The middle picture is the area behind the wall to the right....around the corner....I am going to put in a floor, sheet rock, add lights and hopefully some day set up a frag tank, utility sink, and hook up my ro/di system with a water storage tank....SOMEDAY!!!  But going to worry about the DT first!

Sorry the the first and last picture are the same thing just different angles.....if you were to walk into the first picture and look to your right you would see the middle picture.....it is around the corner behind a "false" Wall in the living area......sorry it is so confusing....I am going to finish the with floor and sheet rock for extra space for FISH STUFF!
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:04pm

Try to do these is order....

vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:08pm
BTW - I heard your advert on the radio.  95.9 - thought you'd like to know it's out there.
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:09pm
Wow, you don't mess around.
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by vadryn vadryn wrote:

BTW - I heard your advert on the radio.  95.9 - thought you'd like to know it's out there.

Great!  I am glad! It is nice to hear that it is being heard!
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:26pm
Tank stuff I have acquired thanks to another fellow member!  

-Iwaki 40RLT  I will hopefully be getting a 50 gallon acrylic tank that I will turn into a sump and us the external pump on it!

-I have an actuated ball valve with timer that automatically switches from left to right to left to right at whatever time interval you set it at.  So you could have one of two water inlets on each end of the aquarium and the incoming water would switch directions every few minutes or hours, like the tides changing direction each day. I will attach this to the outlet of the new pump!

-RO/DI with bucket and auto-shutoff valve, but it needs a new RO membrane and filters.   I need the first stage and second (carbon) I have the DI, and need the one on the top...can't remember what it is called....hmmmmm....is it the TFC MEMBRANE.....oh well...any one know a good place to get those three cartridges?

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:33pm
Question....the Iwaki 40RLT is rated at 750gph....i was thinking I would turn both of the holes drilled in the tank into inlets...and then plumb up over the back/or sides/ for the return since i will have the actuated ball valve with timer that will switch from one side to the other......do you think that would be smart and that way if one inlet gets a bit of restricted flow it will have the second that can still be flowing????Or would that be to much inlet flow....it should only take in the amount the pump puts back into the tank right?
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 12:54pm

Try www.bulkreefsupply.com -just got my system there.

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2011 at 11:16am
MOVING DAY TOMORROW!!!  Any last minute advise.....I will have 30 gallons of mixed up heated water to help with the transfer....I have a power inverter for the car to keep the heaters plugged in,  car ride is only 15min but can't be to careful...have a van and an expedition to keep everything warm.  My stand is shimmed up and level....my sump is sitting in position, I have 5 gallon bucket with new rinsed sand, planning on rinsing most of the sand in the tank and re-using it,   What else am I forgetting...
Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 12:00pm
OKAY EVERYTHING IS UP AND RUNNING!   My fish were still alive this morning and the corals were opened up and looking happy!  I will post some pictures of the the aquascaping that I did for your opinions!  My only concern is that my pump is a bit louder than what I was hoping for....it is the IWAKI 40rlt and it just has a loud humming....Wondering if I could put a padded box around it to help dilute the sound a bit???  
vadryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vadryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 12:03pm
You have to weigh the risk of sound vs heat.  I don't know how loud those pumps are in comparison to others.  IMO the submersible ones are quieter because they are under water.

Edited by vadryn - January 31 2011 at 12:15pm
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 2:07pm
Try putting it on a rubber pad like a mouse pad first to see if that helps. I had this exact same pump with a different setup and that helped a lot. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

Jerrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 3:16pm
I will try the rubber pad Trick.....I did have is screwed down and so I decided to try to put some fabric under it to see if that helped... well when I lifted it slightly the "vibrating noise" got a lot more subtle so I took some wire and attached it to a hook at the top of my stand and then to the pump to barely raise it off of the floor (so it is kind of floating) and this seemed to help a lot, but not sure if i like the fact that if I hit the pump it is not stationary and I could break the line or something.  I now just need to put an elbow on the drain line so that it goes down into the water instead of splashing in!!!   
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 8:57pm
a filter sock helps with the splashing sound as well. 
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic