Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - back in the hobby after years of being out. . .
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedback in the hobby after years of being out. . .

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acromacromontipora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acromacromontipora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: back in the hobby after years of being out. . .
    Posted: January 07 2011 at 11:09pm

55 Gallon acrylic Shallow Frag Tank
55 Gallon AGA Sump
8-54 watt t5 light
its boring just looking at dead rock and sand. . . .

55 Frag, 55 Sump, 120 in the works.
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 12:00am
sweet tell us about the setupSmile
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 8:39am
Welcome back Clap
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 10:21am
Welcome Back!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 10:32am
Yes, welcome... I just came back after being out of the hobby for about 7 years or so...Things have changed a lot since then.
boysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2011 at 1:18pm
Hey Chad its good to see that you made it back on the board. Let me know if you coming up this weekend. We are having Jenny's suprise birthday saturday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acromacromontipora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 11:48pm
Awesome guys thank you, and mark its good to see your still going at it and rusty im sorry i had plans :( cant wait to start fraggin boys ;)

and what more would you like to know about the tank? sorry about the sluggish response dont get to the computer much but i will try a little harder for you kind folks :)
p.s. everything is doing so good, woke up with thousands of tigger pods and a bunch of amphipods that came from no where so i am a very happy camper, just need lights from nick and im set and maybe a bigger skimmer just for my own pleasure. . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acromacromontipora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 11:52pm
PH 7.8 , nitrate 0, nitrite 0, alk blueish greenish color which i dont know if it needs to go up or down but everything looks great in the tank and everybody is stress free so im not gonna bug it, salinity is 0.026, temp is staying at 78-80 f
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 12:27am
I was out for a while too, getting married and traveling the world.Smile
I've never heard of Alk registering as a bluish-greenish color. That sounds like a pH test. Alk tests have you watch for the color change. If you are planning to grow coral, testing for Alk and Ca are a must. Coral don't show problems with those 2 parameters until it's already past time to do something about it. Pinch
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Chevmaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevmaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 8:49am
The Red Sea Alk test goes Bluish Green.  Blue being the high range and Yellow being low range.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acromacromontipora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 6:08pm
Its the 5-1 jungle tester strips and it still is blue but the tank and all the creatures are doing excellent and the coraline algea is going nuts :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic