Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfinally i got a pair of maroon clowns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally i got a pair of maroon clowns
    Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:05pm
I have being looking for a pair of maroons for about 3 months now and i finally got a nice mated pair on monday this next pictures are within minutes of being released into the tank.

Edited by davser - January 12 2011 at 6:45pm
It's not about what you know but about who you know
P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:08pm
Very cool! Thumbs Up I love getting new fish
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef
Jeffs_little_ocean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffs_little_ocean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:11pm
Thats a good looking pair!
Life is good....right?
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by P.Kapp P.Kapp wrote:

Very cool! Thumbs Up I love getting new fish

getting new fish is always exiting
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Jeffs_little_ocean Jeffs_little_ocean wrote:

Thats a good looking pair!
it is good looking its weird the male is way smaller than the female the female is gorgeous
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:46pm
cool, animal tend to have the females bigger than the males, wonder why humans are not the same
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 6:55pm
sucks for the guys that the girl had to scare away the yellow tang jajaja LOL
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 7:17pm
Davser they are beautiful. They are my favorite kind of fish. Yes my female is like 4 inches while my male is maybe 1 1/2 inches.

Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 7:32pm
me to i love maroons thats why i started my sw tank
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 8:26pm
It was actually my first fish I ever got. So many people tell me they hate the maroon clowns! I love them. I just actually bought a breeding pair so hopefully we can get some new maroons :).
 Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by ptronsp ptronsp wrote:

It was actually my first fish I ever got. So many people tell me they hate the maroon clowns! I love them. I just actually bought a breeding pair so hopefully we can get some new maroons :).
 Pam

mine are a breeding pair to and i was hoping to get some eggs, i looked like the girl was bulding a nest but who knows, good luck getting new marrons
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 8:54pm
Watch for the female and male picking and cleaning at the rock, mine do it right above the anemone.
 Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 8:56pm
i saw the female digging, i was also reading that they like to lay them in something flat like a piece of tile
Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 10:45pm
Did you get that pair from Charles?
90 gallon mixed reef
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2011 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Reefboy4life Reefboy4life wrote:

Did you get that pair from Charles?
nope i got them from fish 4 u
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 1:12am
NiceThumbs Up
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 2:14pm
I got mine from Charles! Do you know him?
Pam
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 7:34pm
How do you know if they are pair...male/female. I have two in my tank but don't know much about clown fish.
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 7:44pm
female is the biggest and also darkest in color like on the second pic the one on the enemone is the female, also female gets darker with age so if they are young you might be able to tell wich one is wich by the size
jmw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 7:52pm
Thank for the info. When I bought my tank there was a maroon clown taht came with it. Then I bought another one. One is very big and the other small, similar to yours. However they appear to be the same color as far as darkness goes. I'll guess I'll just wait and see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic