Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

acan feeding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kyser-soza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyser-soza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 12:00am
will brine shrimp work ? i was thinking about hatching some but frozen ones would be easier to spot feed if they will even eat them. thanks
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2011 at 10:45am
What I do is I spot feed every weekend.

I wait until all the lights have been off for at least an hour, then I turn my blue LEDs on just high enough to see the coral.

I take all my different frozen foods and mix them together in a cup full of tank water.

20 mins after that I turn my powerheads off and then I feed my fish on the opposite end of the tank I plan to spot feed on so that they don't steal the food off the coral.   

I don't spot feed anything thats a colony or big, I just spot feed my smaller frags of LPS. My chalices and Acans love the spot feeding and I see a huge difference in growth when I do spot feed.   I also spot feed really heavy sicne fish and crabs do steal a lot of it.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 4:47pm
Since I started dosing Fuel my acans extend like crazy and they are exploding in growth! Maybe its not the Fuel but thats the only thing Ive changed with my tank in the last 4 to 6 months. I auto dose everyday along with a calcium reactor and i spot dose mag too.
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic