Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-Siliconing Glass-HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 4:32pm
WOW, I just read this thread and i am a little shocked. by looking at the aquarium there isn't a lot of rock/corals to take out and tear down. I have built many many aquariums and even though it isn't leaking now i wouldn't look at this as a solution but rather a band aid. If lee mar  is going to fix this for free i would be all over this cause i would assume they would tear it all apart and reseal the entire aquarium. If you want to have this aquarium re sealed locally let me now..
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

ReefOn View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 12:43pm
I have to agree with Eric.  If Lee Mar will do it free, Call me because I drive to LA all the time, actually planning two trips within the next month. We can work something out and haul the tank down for you, then on the second trip, haul it back.

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 1:09pm
I agree that the right course of action would be to send it off and get it fixed, unfortunately the decision rests with my parents and they believe this fix should indefinitely work fine.

Ya got to give them some credit though. So far it's been almost a year and every thing is holding and the tank is leak free.

I do worry about it myself but I'm pretty certain that with those angle-iron pieces on there sandwiching the tank against the wall, there is no way that front (or back) panel will every come out. My only worry is the left and right side panels.

Micah

225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 2:49pm
That is really nice of Jerry to do that i would be all over this. I would send it off to get rebuilt and never have  that little thing in the back of your mind. but this is just my .02
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic