Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

57g rimless w/ Ecotech Radions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 10:38am
I'm running the exact same light fixture, with exact same bulb combo/order. How high off the water line is your fixture sitting?
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 3:37pm
Very nice!!  How many fish do you have in that tank?  Just curious because I want to add some more to my tank.
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 3:49pm
I'm loving all the colors that you have and the coral placement. It looks like a work of art, congrats!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

I got it off ebay, the brand name is Marine Magic.  There is a thread on reefcentral about them

Cool that's actually one I was looking at:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Trevor40 Trevor40 wrote:

I'm loving all the colors that you have and the coral placement. It looks like a work of art, congrats!

Right now I have 8 fish in the system
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Sahin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 5:02am
Hi there Keller; hope your tank is going well.  Can you please let me know how many lbs/kg of Marco rocks you used?  How much of your own liverock did you use? 

My tank is going through Dino battles and the rocks/snails and hermits have bloody Vermatid snails/worms growing all over - theres 1000's of these things.  I am thinking of restarting the tank with Marco Key Largo Rocks.  I will need to have it shipped over from the USA to the UK and it will cost a lot of money, but I think it will be worth it.  Having an idea of how much you used may save me a little money, rather than ordering too much.

Our tanks are almost similar shape/size, main difference is that yours tank has an extra 6inches of length.  I am looking to scape my tank very similar to yours. 

Many thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2011 at 12:52am
If I remember right, I ordered 25lbs of marco and and used about 20lbs of live rock.  You dont have to use that much live rock to seed the marco, its just what I had at the time.  If If were you I would do all marco and just use a couple small, clean pieces of live rock to seed.
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
ejcatmul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejcatmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2011 at 12:41pm
Who is Sahin? Who ships Rock overseas? Sounds like a Nigerian scam Kellerexpress. Don't sell your Marco Rock to someone and cash their $ order and send half of it with the rock to the U.K.... Would make a funny story though.
Sahin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sahin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2011 at 12:55pm
Hey man I am no scammer. I know Keller from Reefcentral and nanoreef. I've been a reefkeeper for at least 10 years! I am buying rocks from Marcorocks.com to be delivered to the UK because we don't have such rocks I the UK.
ejcatmul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejcatmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2011 at 11:53am
My bad, hope I didn't offend you. Good luck with the Marco Rock.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 9:01pm
Picked up a little something from Exotic Reef.... :). Updates to come. Also my sunpower will be up for sale soon.
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 11:11pm
Looks sweet man! I've read that those Radions are the way to go
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2012 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by kellerexpress kellerexpress wrote:

Picked up a little something from Exotic Reef.... :). Updates to come. Also my sunpower will be up for sale soon.

Sorry I am such a bad influence
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 1:41am
Nice:) Out of curiosity does your sun power happen to be 24" or is it the 36"?
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 2:23am
36"
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 2:43pm
Got the Ecotech Radions hung, all I have to say is AWESOME! The ability to adjust them with my laptop is really cool. I'm starting them off at 25% intensity and will ramp up from there.
Used 1/4" aluminum to make a bracket

I used Ecotechs premium hanging kit along with my existing hanging arms.

14k 25% intensity

IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
npatching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 4:40pm
Hot Dang, that looks sweet!
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l205/manchild2223/Nates75gpico.jpg
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 5:24pm
Awesome!!!
Jackie Stuver

Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 6:07pm
Looks great!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2012 at 9:11pm
That looks amazing!
Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic