Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

65 Gallon Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 65 Gallon Build
    Posted: January 29 2011 at 12:22am
I decided to swap out my 40 Breeder for a new 65 for my Birthday

Tank: AGA 65 Gallon w/ Megaflow Overflow 36x18x24

Lighting: Tek Elite 6 Bulb
- Blue Plus
- Purple Plus
- Blue Plus
- GE 6500k
- Blue plus
- UVL Super Actinic

Filtration: 20 Gallon Long Sump
SWC Xtreme 120 cone skimmer,
Marco Rock, Vidarock and Rock from my Biocube
Caribsea OceanDirect Live Sand

Flow: MP10 ES, Rio 12 HF

Edited by Ahanix - February 01 2011 at 10:33pm
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2011 at 12:31am
I love build threads. Take lots of pics and show us how you moved everything and set it up!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2011 at 12:38am
I agree with ^
                     l
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2011 at 12:54am
Tonight I got the back painted, plumbing all test fit and glued and the tank leak tested. I will post pictures tomorrow morning since it's freezing outside, and obviously dark
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 1:31am
cool, looking forward to the pics
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 10:05pm
Thought I would post at least a picture for now, i'll post the whole build tomorrow after I get my Vortech, but here's a sneak peek...

Edited by Ahanix - January 31 2011 at 10:15pm
ejcatmul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejcatmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 8:36am
Did you get some CeramECO rock? Looking forward to the build pics? I need to post mine still. Your gonna make me want to upgrade now.

"Noob"

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 10:27pm
Well... Here Goes... Pictures aren't the best due to using a cellphone for the teardown, but hopefully with getting the white balance figured out on my Nikon i'll get some better pictures this next week.

Thursday Night I leak tested the tank, painted the back and cleaned the glass.

Saturday Morning I woke up early and started tearing down the tank. I put all of my Coral Frags and Cleanup crew in my sump and put my rocks in a 35 gallon tub.

Test fitting the tank on the stand. I can't believe how much bigger this tank feels compared to the 40 breeder

I then built my Durso and Return and fit all of the plumbing inside my tank

Afterwards I put the rock and water back in the tank... I found my wrasse hiding in one of the rocks. I think he was still asleep when I pulled him out

I wanted to try doing my aquascaping first, then putting in the sand... Somewhat of a bad idea as I had a 4 hour long sand storm... Especially with the new Caribsea Oceandirect sand, it was pretty crazy

I realized though after I put the sand in, that I hadn't seen my blenny, He ended up staying in his rock the whole time

I also received my Megaflow cover. I wanted to go with a bottom drilled overflow this time to make my tank silent and also to allow me to push the tank closer to the wall.

A few days later, here is my new tank so far.

Heres some pictures of my fish

Lemonpeel Angel

Midas Blenny

Six Line Wrasse

Clownfish Pair

Green Spot Mandarin (Has been eating frozen since day 1)

Hopefully i'll have time to re-organize this page later... I will also get some better pictures up in the coming days as the tank stabilizes and gets itself sorted out.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have as well.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 10:53pm
Saw the tank in person the last night and it is looking great! I love that lemon peel in person the color jumps right out at you.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Luckedout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luckedout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 11:13pm
Looks great! Congrats on the move!
-Ben

90g Mixed reef

www.body-balancechiropractic.com

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2011 at 2:23pm
Looking good Matt! Love the lemon peel
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
phinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2011 at 10:47pm
Fine job
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic