Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hammy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel?
    Posted: February 03 2011 at 5:29pm
Anyone use Fuel by Aquavitro?  I thought about trying it on my little 24 gal cube.  I have been using oyster feast but think I will start using Phyto feast and maybe this fuel product.  I guess I could use all three and just kind of space them out through the week.  Any thoughts on these products?
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 5:30pm
I really like Fuel
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 5:31pm
We love it as well Thumbs Up
pgravis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgravis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 5:31pm
I've seen great results from using this
See my house: www.eclecticvictorian.com
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 6:03pm
Me tooEmbarrassed
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 7:03pm
I buy it in the gallon size. 
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 7:08pm
I've gone through four bottles of fuel and haven't noticed a difference.....I prefer to use Coral Accel when dosing aminos...this stuff actually contains protein....growth has been fantastic on it....a combination of both fuel and Accel might be the best method....

Be careful with phyto....its like basically adding phosphates to your water and is really not needed unless you house a lot of spongs, clams, cocoworms, and other unique animals...some argue that its beneficial in feeding zooplankton, which then boosts the food supply for your corals..if your system has good nutrient export go ahead and use phyto....however, it may be more effective just to dose zooplankton based foods (oysterfeast, roti, coral frezny, cyclopeeze, etc.) if you are trying to feed your corals....which is what I am assuming....good luck
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 10:47am
Probably his clam which means whatever feeds the phyto in the system is good, or my choice is just to use Phyto Feast. Smile

Phytoplankton is the bottom organism on the food chain, thus enabling the effective feeding of everything above it.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 11:30am
I like the Fuel product. Start out at about 1/2 the recommended dose and see how the tank reacts then you can adjust the dose up or down. Overdosing fuel can cause algae and diatom blooms.

Edited by bfessler - February 04 2011 at 11:30am
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 3:23pm
I use spent fuel from my fish.  Works great and I always have a never ending supply.
Maybe I should bottle it and sell it.Tongue
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 4:14pm
You really need to stop drinking that Brad!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 5:09pm
Keeps the pests away.Thumbs Up
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic