Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

90G Lee-Mar with basement sump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Josh95 Josh95 wrote:

Looks good man, i got to really reding into your LEDs and on your pic it says your running the whites at 1000mA, so in this case i have to wonder what LEDs are these again? because if your running them at max amperage i've read that it reduces the lifespan of the LEDs.

Neutral white XP-G.  Max amperage is actually 1500mA
Page 3.

The new CREE XML's max out at 3000mA.

Most people run them at less than maximum because the power to light ratio is exponential.  You get diminishing returns on efficiency the closer you get to maximum power.  As long as you can shed the heat I don't believe lifespan is effected.

sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 10:34pm
Finished driver assembly (2 blue drivers on left, 1 white, 1 extra on right side of board):

Under tank termination:

Light fixture mounting tray:

sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 9:48pm
Current Tunze settings.

Powers heads alternate back and forth every 4 hours, and ramp up from 30% to the upper setting over 3 seconds when it's the active unit, otherwise it idles along at 30%.

Minimum flow is 30% at all times from each.  #1 is on the left, #2 is on the right.  #1 used to have a higher power rating but was blowing sand around.  The left hand side of the tank developed a little algae on the sand bed so I upped the flow going that direction and it's been clearing up without moving sand.  I'm sure I could probably still turn them up some, but I haven't worked at finding perfect positioning and settings for them since I added the 2nd one.

The 6105 pumps would really rock a 6' long tank.  They're kind of big for my tank unless it was maybe full up of mature sps colonies creating drag.

Edited by sunflashx - April 10 2012 at 9:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic