Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fungia plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
base762 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote base762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fungia plate
    Posted: February 07 2011 at 9:55pm
one of my fungia's is receding exposing skeleton.... should i pull it out  
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 9:58pm
Id either pull it out and dip it or just leave it in there they sometimes grow back

base762 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote base762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 10:21pm
thanx nick    sorry we didn't hook up this weekend... buy the time you got back to me i was busy.... we can get together soon >>>>>
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 10:36pm
Fungia's are know to die and then spit out tons of babies sometimes months down the road.Smile
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 8:33am
My first thought when I saw this was, "Isn't that Dave, who PM'd me just recently with an algae and/or tank problem?

Well, I'm still available to help, but you need to call to arrange the visit. The phone number to call is below.

It's best to leave it in the tank and to improve the conditions so it can live. There is so little flesh on a Fungia that it should not cause a problem if the tank's biofiltration is good.
How long has the Fungia been in the tank and what is the condition of the tank?
Alk and Ca?
Hair Algae?
A pic would really help a lot.

Edited by Mark Peterson - February 08 2011 at 8:37am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Chris Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 1:50pm
i had an awesome orange fungia recently that just died. I thought it was my tank, but then I saw my damsel eating it!! argh. Could a fish be picking at it?
55g Bowfront Corner Reef
base762 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote base762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 9:56pm
water parameters are and have been great in a several year established tank

sal   1.024-25

alk    10

cal      450 +

temp   76-77

mag      1200-1300

hair algae problem came to be a lighting issue...  6 bulb t-5 HO
OLD !!!!!! replaced the 2 out side actinic w/ new 420 &460 unpluged whites for 10 days ran new blues only..... wooped ass on algae.... now slowly bringing days back one new bulb every other week   for only 4 hrs then increasing....i'll put up picks via photo bucket or whatever.... did a dip tonight on the fungia and took it out of the higher flow ...as it was pushing the flesh up...mark you were standing next to me at f-4 -u last weekend....thanx everyone for the reply's 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 10:51am
And you didn't introduce yourself? Cry

I'm pleased though that the lights out technique is working to reduce the Hair Algae problem. Big smile
Yes, please post pics. We all love pics. Star

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic