Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthias Fins Gone!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ninja_brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninja_brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthias Fins Gone!
    Posted: February 10 2011 at 11:14pm
I recently moved my 120gal to a new house this last sunday.  All of my fish were alive when I placed them into the tank.  The move didn't go as smoothly as I planned as I made the mistake of adding water and then sand.  This made for a cloudy mess.  

I did wait till the tank cleared a bit before adding the fish back in however the temp change was not on par.  My fish list is below.

Foxface - Doing fine
2 Yellow Coris Wrasses - Doing fine
2 fire fish - MIA
1 purple fire fish - MIA
Gramma - Doing fine
2 pink Anthias - Saw both but now only one with missing fins.

The next day after the tank had cleared up and the fish began coming back out I saw both Anthias however days later I only have one left.  I noticed he was swimming in the corner with the current and not around the tank like usual.  Upon closer inspection both side fins are nearly missing and the tail looks to be chewed on or denigrating .  This is weird since he is the biggest fish in the tank next to the foxface so I don't suppose someone was munching on him.  I have never had problems in the past 8 months.

Any ideas?  Also could my fish still be hiding after 5 days(firefish/other missing anthias) or should I count them as dead :(

Edited by ninja_brandon - February 10 2011 at 11:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic