Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anemone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anemone
    Posted: February 16 2011 at 6:23pm
My anemone got caught in my power head and was chewed up there was one big peace and rest just every were. Do I need to worry bout my tank? I read that if a fish dies it can cause alot of problems
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 6:40pm
I'd say yes.  Anemones can regenerate quite often.  So if it is a very large piece I'd leave it and let it recover.  But if it is all torn up with pieces everywhere I'd do my best to pull it out.  

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 6:43pm
I just pulled it out, it looked pretty bad think it was just part of the middle of it. I got out a couple other pieces but dont see any other. should I watch any readings in my tank? 
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 7:43pm
when my first gbt got cought in the power head i took about half  and the snail took care of the rest not to mention that it makes the water stink thats why i didnt took all of it out
It's not about what you know but about who you know
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 10:54am
If you remove the strainer, the anemone will usually extract itself. As long as most of the anemone is not chewed up, it may survive.
Do you remember the one at my place? Did I show it and explain?
Did I show you how I make secondary strainers to save anemones?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic