Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Member ***Pics***

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member ***Pics***
    Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:10pm
I have a 90 gallon reef tank. Few fish and is working on stocking my tank with different corals and bright colors. Love Zoa and palys in the Davis County area and am looking for frags to buy or trade.

220 G SPS Display.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2011 at 11:44pm
Welcome.
Will you be able to come to the meeting next Thursday?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:07am
Welcome! You have a very nice looking tank! I love the blue jaw trigger and all the Zoanthinds!

What size is your tank? What lighting are you using?
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:35am
Jwoo, its a niger trigger not blue jaw.
And welcome, awesome tank.
I to am deeply fond of zoanthids and palythoas
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:57am
Nice pics!
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:32pm
@ Mark- What happens at these meeting? I could possibly make it.

@jwoo- It is a 90 gallon with a 30 gallon sump.  I have 1 MH 150w, two pc's and 2 T5's.

Thanks everyone! I am having problems keeping keeping softies like candy's and my acans. Very frustrating...I have been checking my levels and cant make sense of it.

PH-8.1
Cal-450
Alk-10.6
Mag 1200
Nitrate - N03 was 10-15 (what does having high nitrate affect.
Salinity- 1.023

I have bought snails and crabs the crabs do okay but the snails pretty much die once they are put in the tank. Any help is appreciated.
220 G SPS Display.

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:49pm
Beautiful tank and pictures.  Welcome to the club.
Your mag could be a bit higher, most like it in the 1300 range.
Nitrates are present in any tank, and high nitrates can cause problems, usually algea problems but yours aren't that high.
A good refugium with macroalgea will help get rid of nitrates.  
Have you checked your phosphates?

The meetings are an absolute blast.  They bring in speakers from across the country.  Learn all kinds of aspects in the reefing world and just a great chance to meet other reef nerds.
Hope to see you there.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 1:11pm
Titleman- I have been dosing some mag since I checked it last so it should hopefully be a little higher now. What do you use to keep your mag levels up? I have a good refugium and could post pictures if you would like to see. I can go down to the store and have them check my phosphates. I will update you later with those findings. Is that really your tank on the live cam feed? If so amazing tank. do you have a link to some pictures? Your flow in that tank is crazy!
220 G SPS Display.

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 1:16pm
I am so frustrated with this! I have been wanting to bring home these orange acans I bought be bring them home as soon as they go in my tank they look horrible so I take them back to the store and let them rehydrate and get my water parameters in check. But I thought I had it all figured out and they are going back to the store today...aughh

220 G SPS Display.

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 1:35pm
Yep, that's mine.  You can go to photobucket.com and check my other pix. Username Tileman.

Or if you are in the murray area, you are welcome to stop by and check it out.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 1:49pm
Is this a meeting or game night I am confused?
220 G SPS Display.

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 3:09pm
The meeting IS game night. Each meeting we have a different topic/theme. Last month we had an out of town speaker come and talk to us about the effort he is doing do restore the coral reefs. This month we are doing game night! Game night is basically a fun night of trivia Jeopardy style centered around all things reef. This night was a huge hit last year, it is very interactive. While we love having our out of town speakers we also love having the club be social and interact while learning at the same time. This would be a fantastic meeting to have for your first meeting as it would give you the opportunity to get to know everyone and ask any questions you want about your tank in person!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 7:40am
Welcome to WMAS!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2011 at 9:09am
"What happens at these meeting? I could possibly make it."
Please plan on it. You won't be dissappointed. Star

"It is a 90 gallon with a 30 gallon sump."
A 30 gal sump means there is room for Macroalgae on an RDP schedule. How much do you know about the benefits of an RDP Refugium?

"Thanks everyone! I am having problems keeping keeping softies like candy's and my acans."
Those aren't Softies, those are LPS (Large Polyp Stony) Coral. We can definitely help with that. That's what the WMAS is all about; keeping a better Reef Aquarium. Approve Please start a new topic with a pic of that Acan or the Candycane, explaining the issue. Also step back and take a full tank shot.

"Very frustrating...I have been checking my levels and cant make sense of it."
The known/testable levels are not the issue. It's the myriad of things that you can't test for that are the reason these coral are not doing so well. We can help. Smile

"Nitrate - N03 was 10-15 (what does having high nitrate affect.)"
That's not high at all. That is a very acceptable level.

"...snails pretty much die once they are put in the tank."
Put that in the same new topic with the coral and we will help with that too.

"Any help is appreciated."
We know. We all come here for help with all kinds of things, even non-aquarium related, like my recent speeding ticket. I wanted to see what my options were and why a 5mph speeding ticket was $90 Shocked The responses were fabulous, gave me information and helped me feel better. Big smile
[/QUOTE]
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2011 at 7:54pm
Define RDP I have a refugium in my sump.  I can post a picture if that would help you to see my sump.

As far as the acan I took it back to the LFS to have aid it back to health before I bring it back to my tank.

I will be coming to the meeting Thursday!Big smile
220 G SPS Display.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2011 at 12:25am
My guess is that acan is going to have a rough time being switched back and forth from tank to tank. Do as Mark said and post some pics of them.
By the way WELCOME!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic