Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedclown are laying eggs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clown are laying eggs
    Posted: February 26 2011 at 10:58pm
i saw this at around 4 or 5 they were on the last eggs so i didnt see the beginning but i was able to get some pics i was going to wait until the next picture of the month but here are some pics i took
It's not about what you know but about who you know
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 11:57pm
SO COOL! They laid a nice batch!
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:01am
that is cool good luck
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:03am
yes pam this is their second time and it doubled in size, and thanks bnk i hope i can catch them this time
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:07am
VERY cool. Mine laid on Friday. I am glad you were able to catch pics I always enjoy seeing them.
 Thanks for sharing.
 Pam
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 12:15am
20 minutes earlier and i would have pics from the beginning
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:14am
The first batch is always questionable.

This second spawn should be good to go in 8-10 days. To be on top of the hatching, try to remember how the eggs looked and how many days elapsed until they actually hatched.
We'll be ready for the larvae. Thumbs Up
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
phinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:14am
So, when they hatch, you have to be there to catch them?  So, the other fish don't eat them?  Do you have to have another tank set up or do you just isolate them within the tank they were hatched in? 
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2011 at 9:39am
sounds great Mark i will be taking a closer look this time,and yes phinfan i have to be therewhen they hatch from what Mark has told me they hatch withing  30 minutes to an hour after the light go out so you turn off all the pumps and leave the room dark and then after some time has passed flash a dim light in the tanks and they will swim by it, and about where to put them Mark will take them and raise them
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 12:00am
mission scomplished everyone Mark and I just cought the larva, lets wait for Mark to reply  to give an estimate of how many we got i say about 80
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic