Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r/o

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 8:55am
That title is misleading. That is only a 3 stage drinking water filter. It Says Reverse Osmosis but there is no RO Filter in the picture or the description and in the description it states that this is an under counter drinking water filter that can be easily upgraded to a RO unit.

You really have to read these ebay ads closely.

Edited by bfessler - March 04 2011 at 8:57am
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 9:05am
That first one you posted is not bad.  You could sell the DI and post filter.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 9:17am
Oh my goodness.
Burt caught it. The picture shows no RO at all. That seller ought to be reported.
It's horrible to see people taking advantage of other people. Angry
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2011 at 12:16pm
^

thanx mark Big smile
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2011 at 7:17pm
thanx burt that is why im posting on here before just buyin something Since I dont have no experience with this units I would never of known

Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 12:37pm
Hey Brett, this inexpensive "choose your stages" RO system was just posted in another thread. If you ask me, it looks like a good way to go.
http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47372

philhender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philhender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 3:35pm
I've been eyeing the build your own offered there, however, whenever I build one there, it's more than their pre-configured units.  I even built exactly matching what they had and it was about $10 more than what I was looking for, comparing 4 stage RO with no DI.  That being said, they're pretty good deals there, about $130 for 4stage RO no DI.. or $160 for the standard 5stage RO/DI 75GPD.  My $.02
I asked the Lord for the blessing of Patience... he gave me 6 kids!

125g Reef / 55g Sump-Fuge
bfessler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bfessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 4:25pm
Yep,

I also looked at that and I think it's pretty much the same everywhere. You generally save on the pre-configured units and pay a little more to configure your own. This is because there is more handling required when you custom configure anything. It may be good if you have some spare parts and don't need everything but generally it's cheaper overall to go pre-configured.

I have been using the BRS RODI unit for a couple years and it has performed great. If you don't want the DI filter just use it for something else. It is just one of their standard filters with DI resin. I used a similar one to make my Kalk Reactor. I like the built in pressure gage Auto Shut Off valve and the TDS meter that are included in the Pre Configured models.
Burt

An equal opportunity reefer,
I support all hobbyists and organizations involved in Marine Aquarium Keeping.
[email protected]
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 8:44am
I didn't realize that. Thanks for the update. Thumbs Up
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2011 at 8:53am
True Burt.  I wouldn't have a RO unit without the pressure gauge, TDS, and auto shut off.  I had to buy the TDS separate, but mine came with the other two.  Without a guage and TDS, it is hard to know how your system is working.  By the way, I have a spare auto shut off (I replaced mine with an electronic valve).  So if anyone needs one... but I am a ways away from most of you....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic