Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game Night Was a TOTAL BLAST!!! (Photos)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game Night Was a TOTAL BLAST!!! (Photos)
    Posted: March 04 2011 at 2:33pm
For those who missed out Cry and for those who were there Big smileBig smileBig smile...

WMAS  GAME NIGHT 2011

The Game Night meeting started out - as most meetings do - with a superb Tank Of The Month (TOTM) presentation...

March 2011 featured a beautiful aquarium belonging to none other than Adam & Marzena Blundell:

The fast - growing crowd was mesmerized by the awesome display of the mega-gallonage of sweet coolness that IS "Tank Blundell":

After the TOTM presentation, it was time to get down to the business of the evening... GAME NIGHT!!!

Once again, Shane stepped up as our gracious and knowledgeable Master of Ceremonies

The Prize Table was just "littered" with a bevy of sweet treasures to be given away

The " Reef Jeopardy" board went up, and the game was on!

Excitement filled the air, as young and old alike did their best to find the right answers (questions?)

Correct answers won your table additional tickets toward the Grand Prize; in addition, every 5 minutes a drawing was held where several lucky attendees got to pick their own prizes!

In between the "Jeopardy" and "Double Jeopardy" rounds, we all took a break to scarf up some tasty treats

While Jerry and Marine Aquatics showed off a frag tank full of equally tasty corals for sale - if you could get near their table, that is!

The game reached a fever pitch during the "Double Jeopardy" round - there were even reports of elbow and shoulder injuries from overzealous flag- raisers hyperextending thier arms (well OK, that never happened... but it was pretty crazy!)

A special thanks has to go out to the guy with the most thankless job of the night...

Poor Mark Peterson got "drafted" to be the judge for which table had the quickest "buzz in" in response to the questions... no matter what he did, he couldn't make everybody happy Confused

Finally, he called it quits - and lent his considerable expertise to the eventual winning table...

And the Grand Prize Winner - of a sweet Oceanic Bio Cube System Shocked....

A brand new Member... first meeting ever...    Teknik777

(So new I don't even know his real name yet Embarrassed)

Not only did he win that fab Bio Cube, but he also won a Marine Aquatics Gift Card to help stock it with ClapClapClap

Now I ask ya, is there any better way to end the evening?

Anywhere else where a new guy is gonna walk out with that kind of sweet swag - for free?

No where else but here at WMAS...   NO WHERE ELSE.

Gotta HeartHeartHeart  this Club CoolCoolCool!!!

Edited by BobC63 - March 04 2011 at 2:40pm
- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 2:40pm
Dang Bob that is an awesome write up!

Adam
Next Meeting: REEF TOUR!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 2:48pm
Thanks for sharing. It's great to see the pics and updates from the meeting if we are unable to attend.
 Pam
jwoo View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 2:49pm
It was a great night! Loved every minute of it!
120 Gallon Reef

29 Gallon Biocube
Brandon View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 3:16pm
It was awesome!  Great job!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 3:24pm
Looks like fun:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
REEFER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REEFER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 4:27pm
WMAS= Best club ever!!!
2X250 M.H. and 2X48" VHO on a 90g reef with a 55g refugium.
300g fowlr with 3X250 M.H. and a 90g sump.
14g biocube mini reef (in the bathroom).
29g biocube mini reef in office at work.
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 8:10pm
Me=TEKNIK777and my name is Allen Bishop. Game night was amazing and such a blast.  Yes its true the new guy won all that cool stuff! I am excited to come to meetings in the future and to get to know everyone.  I started a thread with pictures of my 90 gallon reef in the introduce yourself forum.
90 Gallon Mixed Reef, MP40, skimz 121, korallin S1502, DYI LED/ T5 fixture, and a ton of TLC!

JB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2011 at 9:53pm
Allen it was great fun and I was glad to see you win...I hope to see you again
Jeff
If not for construction, where would we be?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic