Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Birthday Duncan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Birthday Duncan
    Posted: March 10 2011 at 7:01pm
So I got a Duncan from a friend of mine last night, I know placing it towards the bottom with moderate flow will be good but what do I feed it? Meaty foods? Phyto Pheast? Oyster feast?
Hydro Phoenix
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 7:13pm
I used to feed mine mysis shrimp and they grew like crazy
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 9:56pm
Well it's good that I have a butt load of that in my freezer then! Thanks for letting me know.Wink

Hydro Phoenix
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2011 at 10:39pm
+1 to what Tyler said. Moderate flow, and moderate to low lighting with feedings once or twice a week and you'll be golden.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 5:47pm
We also feed it mysis. We also feed our tanks GP diet from BSD and they seriously look like twice the size heads since we started that. Nice a poofy :).
 Pam
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 6:20pm
Pam what is GP diet and what is BSD? 
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 6:44pm
It is from Brine Shrimp Direct. It come  in a powder form.. it seriously is amazing! It makes all our coral look amazing.
 It's GP reef diet. We feed twice a week in our 110 and we only use not even a half teaspoon of it. I would highly recommend.
 Brine Shrimp Direct is amazing!
 Pam
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2011 at 6:52pm
I got some of that yesterday and put some in my tank last night. all the coral opened up so much it was really neat. They love that stuff.
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
dustponds10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustponds10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2011 at 6:28pm

You really dont need to feed a duncan, they are photosynthetic and dont require the feeding but if you like them to grow fast it sure speeds up the growth.

ASM G-3
T-5 lighting
130 frag system
T-5 lighting
asm G-1x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic