Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

225 tank build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 12:27pm
Some more pics got lights up and running

Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 12:30pm
looks good! Lights look good in it! I love that it has bobs plaque still on it! how are the numbers looking on it?

One thing I would do... and this is just me is change those powerheads to pointing towards the surface and not down!
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 12:51pm
Yea I been debating takin that plaque down If Bob wants it back I would be more than happy to get it to him. Since I didnt earn it. I will most likely take it off

I got 4 accelerators pointing upwards from my return into the tank. should I also point the heads up? and those are only koralia 3's I have been thinkin bout gettin higher power ones what are opinions on that?

My readings are good took water to LFS and my nitrite was .25 my salt was.023 so gettin it up a lil higher. But rest readings are good. I am gonna start gettin a lil CUC for it.

Yea lights were a pain for a minute had some problems but got it figured out lol. I need to get something to cover those ballasts though so my lil kids dont by chance touch them.
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2011 at 1:15pm
If you can manage to remove the plaque that would be nice.

I believe it is held on with those little sticky tape square things. I think you could use like an Xacto knife or other long blade to reach behind it and cut it loose.

But, if it comes down to you damaging the canopy's finish just to get the plaque off, then don't worry about the plaque.

And you've got things looking pretty good there, BTW... Smile

Edited by BobC63 - April 01 2011 at 1:15pm
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 12:00am
Well I was able to get me a apex controller Tongue Got it all hooked up

nice and hidden Big smile

Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 12:13am
where/ who did you get the controller from?
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 12:16am
ended up gettin it at aquatic dreams got a good price with my 10% discount
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 1:39am
Finally got the wiring done just few more touch ups. Then waiting for the rock to process so I can put it back into the tank Confused

Here is a pic of my dj outlet works great for tanks

and of coarse I put it in upside down but oh well screw it lol.
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 8:57pm
If you have some decent surface agitation, it's a good idea to also have some flow pointed down like it shows in the pictures. That will help keep stuff suspended until it is removed through the overflow.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

saltlaketank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltlaketank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2011 at 9:34pm
Wow, that's a really neat looking set up. Must be soo much work. Just our 55 has been a process. but it all comes together real nice.
JayDee 8016042780
90 Gallon
30 Gallon sump
G3 Skimmer
Kristine Woolsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 12:22am

Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 12:48pm
Wow - that really looks good! ClapClapClapClapClap

You have quite a bit of corals in there already - I really like the variety Thumbs Up

I hope it is working out well for you guys, I had a lot of fun with that setup

And don't forget about the 2012 Reef Tour Star

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Kristine Woolsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 11:37pm
Thanx bob it has been alot of work we broke down two other tanks so filled this one up pretty fast lol. But we are happy with it
Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2011 at 3:21am
Wow it looks great! I love when you combine tanks and it them gives the one tank a ton of coral:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 11:49pm
It took me years to get my tank looking half way this nice and only takes this guy about 6 months. 
                                               Thumbs UpGOOD JOBClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic