Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fluval edge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fluval edge
    Posted: April 03 2011 at 9:03pm
My wife has one and I was wondering if there was a better way to set up the filter system in it? It has those bio-cyliders in it then under that is the carbon then under that is the black sponge like thing. we have two balls of algea just floating around. and some live rock and rubble. 
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2011 at 10:42am
I would never use one unless I was willing to completely clean it weekly, which I'm not. Embarrassed I'm a lzy reefer. I like to let the biofiltration do the job. Canister filters create more problems than they fix. The living things in our tanks, if given time to grow, do the job of filtering the water. The only outside thing I use regularly is AC. It takes more time than you think, to let things grow, like months and years, not days and weeks. This hobby is not for impatient people. Funny thing is, if you let it, having an aquarium can be very calming. That's part of what I like about it.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic