Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank Build?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClarkWGrizwald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank Build?
    Posted: April 07 2011 at 5:54pm
I would like to build an all glass tank. I want it to be a cube of around 60 gallons to go in my wifes home office. I was thinking about making the front and the sides out of starfire glass and i was also thinking of putting in a c2c calfo style overflow. My question is how thick does the glass need to be if i want a zero edge tank? Also what would i make the dimmensions of this glass to have a 60 gallon cube. Also, what do you guys think of the c2c overflow? I love the way that they skim the surface of the water. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful. Thanx
Chris Erickson
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 7:25pm
Not to jack your thread but I to am curious about this, What thickness glass would I need for a 16" cube. (roughly 17 gallons)
3/8"?

Edited by Josh95 - April 07 2011 at 11:00pm
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 10:23pm
Great to see you back Chris!!!!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 11:23pm
Thank u Dion. I love this hobby and the great people 2 much 2 stay away. Ill b hitting u up 4 a new stand in the near future
Chris Erickson
tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 11:50pm
What are the dimensions you are looking at? Glass thickness will play a role in how tall the aquarium is. C2C overflows are awesome, I would do one external though.
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 8:28am
I was thinking that I would want the tank at least 2 ft deep
Chris Erickson
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Great to see you back Chris!!!!!

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this topic.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 5:53pm
Thanks Adam. Anyone know what size I would make this tank if I wanted it 2 measure the same top 2 bottom and front 2 back and side 2 side?
Chris Erickson
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:25pm
24"X24"X24" puts it right at 59.8 gallons of water.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:25pm
use length X width X height divided by 231 to get the gallons:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:26pm
That was exactly what I was looking 4. Thank u Jackie
Chris Erickson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClarkWGrizwald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 6:29pm
Next question. What thickness of starphire glass would I want 2 use? I want it 2 b rimless
Chris Erickson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic