Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsome new pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some new pics
    Posted: April 12 2011 at 2:42pm
I finally was able to get a couple decent shots under the actinics. They are really hard to take to get anything worth while. I need to get a better camera or get my friend to bring his SLR over! I will get some full and 1/4 tank shots under the daylight bulbs soon. The tank is SO different from last pics I posted. There isn't a bare rock spot left. It is either coral or coralline.

builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 3:05pm
Very Nice Pcs.
Picture 3-center left.What is it?
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 3:33pm
Very nice! You should submit these for Picture of the Month.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by builderofdreams builderofdreams wrote:

Very Nice Pcs.
Picture 3-center left.What is it?

That is a hidden cup coral (Phyllangia americana). That is just a single polyp. I am still trying to figure out how to take a good picture of one of the decent sized colonies I have. They are hard to catch at the right time but beautiful in the right light. Just very hard to capture on camera. It was an accident I got that one in the shot, if it had been focused on it though, it may have been a good pic.
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 5:37pm
Way sweet! Especially that nem shot!

sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 4:32pm
Update with fts, these were taken quickly without effort, but the show the tank well enough for now.

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 7:38pm
Nice looking tank:) I like it
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic