Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2014 at 12:52pm
Welcome Wenson! Maybe you can make it to the meeting tomorrow night. All are welcome!

wkwan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2014 at 2:49am
I saw some info on the iron chef compitition tomorrow night and although it looks like a lot of fun, I unfortunately work tomorrow night so I don't think I will be able to make it. If I happen to get off early, I will definitely try to attend. Thank you for the warm welcome and a special thanks to Willstang for giving me some Chaeto.
RooBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RooBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 11:58am
Please share some more information regarding the meetings. I'm interested in attending.
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by RooBaby RooBaby wrote:

Please share some more information regarding the meetings. I'm interested in attending.

- Meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of each month at the Rose Garden Meeting house, which is in Sugarhouse Park (Address is 1601 East 2100 South, Salt Lake City)

- All meetings are FREE and OPEN to the general public unless stated otherwise. You do NOT have to be a WMAS Paid Member to attend.

- Official meeting start time is 7 PM. However, we do have an "Early Bird Special" where the doors open at 6:30 PM, we have refreshments available and time  to socialize, etc. For those who come during the "Early Bird" we offer a FREE Door Prize drawing just for them - win a prize just for showing up early!

- We offer FREE items at each meeting; Reef Hobbyist magazines, SeaStar Quarterly newsletters; occasionally vendor samples or promotional items are given away

- Meeting attendees will also sometimes bring livestock or dry good items to sell / trade / give away to their fellow hobbyists

- Meeting subjects / Guest Speakers are announced ahead of time on our "Upcoming Events" page tab. We also run ads on ksl.com in the "Pets & Livestock / Fish" section for all our meetings and activities.

- In addition to the  main meeting topic or Guest Speaker, we also do a slide presentation for the WMAS Tank Of The Month, we usually offer both a Paid Raffle and a "Members Only" raffle; we occasionally have vendors / LFS on site selling livestock / corals/ fish food/ dry goods. Check the "Upcoming Events" page for details for any given month's meeting specifics

- Hope to see you there!

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic