Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
samgreenly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samgreenly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2013 at 10:40pm
Hi, I'm Sam from phoenix, az. I'm new to this forum. 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 7:34am
Welcome Sam,
Do you have a reef tank?

Originally posted by deepgreen deepgreen wrote:

Hi Mark, I would like to know if you remember me I used to come to the meetings way back when, I was actually at the very first meeting of our "club", we met at a gentleman's home in No. Ogden. Fast forward a few years later I used to come with Tom Miller. You nominated me for president of the club, this was about 1997. Please reply to [email protected]
Aloha Dave,
Sorry for the unusually late response, but I'll email you too. I was away in Hawaii for a few years spending time in a much bigger tank. Wink
It's good to hear from you.
That meeting at Joe and Cindy Jones home in Ogden was actually the second club meeting. There were about 10 of us there if I recall correctly. I remember I drove 7 of us up in my van. Joe has since passed away and we have not heard from Cindy in quite a while.
The person in Kearns was Tim Weidauer. Tim originated the idea for the club and was president for the first three years, 1995-1998. Joe was president the following year and I took the job for two years after that.
Tim now lives near Portland with his wife and daughter
Last I knew, Tom Miller was in Logan and still had reef tanks.

Mahalo,
Mark Hug
808-345-1049 call/text anytime

Edited by Mark Peterson - July 15 2013 at 7:47am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2013 at 7:54pm
Welcome Sam!

sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 8:58am
My Name is Derek, im from Logan, and am currently only in freshwater tanks, but would love to make the jump to salt water tanks someday. 
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 10:10am
Originally posted by sleepingdeep sleepingdeep wrote:

My Name is Derek, im from Logan, and am currently only in freshwater tanks, but would love to make the jump to salt water tanks someday. 

Jump in! The (salt) water is fine... Big smile
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 3:57pm
Hi my name is Tim... I have a problem. I sold my 125 gal almost 3 years ago and I've been trying to recover from my former reef-addiction. The problem... I really want a big tank again.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this is the 4th or 5th time I've introduced myself on this thread, so maybe this is my way of saying... I'm coming back :)
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2013 at 7:47pm
Hey tim, welcome back!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2013 at 5:09pm
Thanks Mike! I though there would be a little more excitement about the prodigal son returning, but I guess 3 years of Adam's mocking me while I have been away has tarnished my reputation.

On well, such is life. I have cleared a spot in my home office and hope to start up a "crappy reef" soon. I may even start out with the club 20 gallon monolith that Adam so kindly dropped off on my driveway.

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2013 at 8:12pm
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Adam
ps- that Adam allegedly dropped off
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2013 at 8:31pm
Make sure and post photos and bring us along for the build!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2013 at 9:21pm
Mike, I'm afraid my bad reef habits will corrupt new members... As a side note, I haven't done a water change on my 6 gal nano in 3 years :)

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 1:15am
Hi, my name is Katie and I'm very new to this hobby (7 months or so) and already find myself addicted! I was kinda adopted into saltwater through my boyfriend who has allowed me to help him rebuilt 2 of his 3 tanks together we have 4 tanks and over 500 gallons of saltwater!! Our reef tank is a 160gl with a 75gl sump coolest part of this tank is we have a school of 5 tangs! The second tank is a 200gl (not sure the sump) eel tank housing a 4ft tessalated and a 4ft Japanese eel. We have another 55gl with a 29gl sump eel tank housing a snowflake eel, fimbriated eel, trigger, and a foxface. I just recently bought a 12gl nano for my home that was already established with Tampa Bay live rock which the previous owners had just let grow. This tank is probably my favorite because it's the closest to the ocean as I can get. I'm very excited to join and hopefully can offer all my research to others as well as learn from others!
Creating my own ocean
Dionysus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 2:33am
Originally posted by tink tink wrote:

Hi, my name is Katie and I'm very new to this hobby (7 months or so) and already find myself addicted! I was kinda adopted into saltwater through my boyfriend who has allowed me to help him rebuilt 2 of his 3 tanks together we have 4 tanks and over 500 gallons of saltwater!! Our reef tank is a 160gl with a 75gl sump coolest part of this tank is we have a school of 5 tangs! The second tank is a 200gl (not sure the sump) eel tank housing a 4ft tessalated and a 4ft Japanese eel. We have another 55gl with a 29gl sump eel tank housing a snowflake eel, fimbriated eel, trigger, and a foxface. I just recently bought a 12gl nano for my home that was already established with Tampa Bay live rock which the previous owners had just let grow. This tank is probably my favorite because it's the closest to the ocean as I can get. I'm very excited to join and hopefully can offer all my research to others as well as learn from others!

welcome!
AquaMedic 250 Watt XM 20k
2 420s Vhos
29 DT SPS Dominant
20 G Long Frag

My Tank Progress =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 6:10am
Welcome Tink! I look forward to hearing about your tanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2013 at 6:11am
Originally posted by sleepingdeep sleepingdeep wrote:

Welcome Derek, stick around here long and you will be making the jump before you know it!

Particle View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Particle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2013 at 9:56pm
What's up yall - I'm Josh - live in SLC. Had a 40g breeder reef tank and a couple smaller tanks (15-20?) way back in high school days and haven't had a tank since due to moving lots and other priorities. Finally settled down in Salt Lake and bought a bigger house two years ago, so figured we'll be here awhile and it's time to start a tank again. So 20 years since my last tank and here we go again! Lots has changed but it feels pretty familiar too. 

Anyway, got a RSM250 that's about 10 weeks old right now. Seems to be doing quite well! Slowly adding livestock, up to a couple of ocellaris clowns, bunch of clean-up crew, zoas, mushrooms, star polyps. It's good to be back (although man I forgot how expensive this hobby is!). One thing that's really surprised me is the crazy high rate of evaporation, even with a closed hood. Utah is DRY. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 6:00am
Welcome! That RSM250 is a sweet tank, I can't wait to see photos!

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 9:17am
Welcome Josh! 

Igotatank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igotatank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 3:43pm
Hello all!! Name is Eric. Getting back in the hobby again
Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2013 at 3:53pm
Welcome Eric. What kinda tank do you have/had?
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic