Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heading to Hill AFB very soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Kristine Woolsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:40pm
There are TONS of houses for sale near base. Plus there is a LFS right down the street LOL.

Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]
jcoulter17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcoulter17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 3:43pm

Edited by jcoulter17 - May 12 2011 at 10:55pm
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by jcoulter17 jcoulter17 wrote:

I had my 210g tank in base housing and had my RO set up too. This was in Fort Leonard Wood, MO. It's nice not paying for utilities on base. 

Whoa!  Hmmm...I just assumed it was like any normal rental place where anything beyond a 10g Walmart setup was banned.  Interesting...
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2011 at 4:23pm
Welcome!!! You will love it here:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Reef'd Up Reef'd Up wrote:

Ok, newbie question...why do several of you have *Presidency under your names? 

Because we are part of the presidency!

You can go here to see who does what and who is on the presidency: http://utahreefs.com/index.php?q=node/1
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:31am
Welcome... soon to Utah... I was born on the Base.... glade to have you here. Ask lots of questions we will love to answer!
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 10:15pm

Hey CapnMorgan - I see you have a NPS reef...that's awesome!  I had a little 8g one for a while about 2 years ago, but it was too hard to get anything other than suncorals in our area (had a balanophyllia, 3 suncorals, and a gorg...that's it).  Do you have a build thread? 

I do have one however it hasn't been updated in FOREVER. I'll have to update it soon. I'm actually getting ready to move it to a new spot in a month or so, so I'll probably post the update then.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
ninja_brandon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninja_brandon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 2:38pm
Welcome!  Can't wait to meet you!
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 5:14pm
Ok, today it became official.  Will is heading out there June 1 (only a few weeks away!!)  I'm going to stay here and try to sell the house while I job hunt.  Once the house sells and/or I find a job out there, then I'll head out as well.

P.S.  Anyone need an engineer?  :-)  (Can't blame me for trying)
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Piscavore1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piscavore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 8:01pm
What type of engineer?? EE? CS?
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 10:23pm
Mech degree with aero experience
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 12:09am

Ok, today it became official.  Will is heading out there June 1 (only a few weeks away!!)  I'm going to stay here and try to sell the house while I job hunt.  Once the house sells and/or I find a job out there, then I'll head out as well.

P.S.  Anyone need an engineer?  :-)  (Can't blame me for trying)

Send me your details. My buddy is a mechanical engineer at ITT composites. They do a lot of aerospace stuff for Boeing and the military, I'd be happy to pass your info along to him.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 12:20am
Or you can apply online at http://www.itt.com/ but I'd still be happy to have my friend try and get you an in.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:51am
Hmm, thanks!  I'll check them out...not familiar with them. 
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:22am

Hmm, thanks!  I'll check them out...not familiar with them. 

They have a huge assembly facility right by SLC Intl. Airport. They did a lot of design and fabrication on the new UH60 airframe as well as composite components for Boeing jets and the JSF, but I know they have a ton of other projects as well. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
buttrflismile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttrflismile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 9:06am
Welcome to Utah. Hope to meet you at a meeting soon.... And as for the Job hunt, My husbands company is always hiring, http://www.l-3com.com/csw/Careers.aspx He loves working there,
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2011 at 9:51pm
I've heard great things about L3, and I just applied for a position out there.  Thanks! 

Steve - I checked out ITT, but they don't have any job openings right now that I'm qualified for.  I'll keep checking back.  :-)
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
philhender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philhender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 12:09am
I think ATK has offices in Layton... just outside HAFB. If I remember right one of our members works there too, though I cant remeber who at the moment. I'm sure they have a website you can check out... best of luck!
I asked the Lord for the blessing of Patience... he gave me 6 kids!

125g Reef / 55g Sump-Fuge
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 5:33am
Thanks!
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
jmtreml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmtreml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 8:34am
I am stationed at hill... its pretty nice, and you should be able to get a job on base because there are a ton of civilians.  I am pretty sure there are more civilians than military there...lol
34 Gallon Red Sea Max

29 gallon Bio cube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic