Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Article Section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Article Section?
    Posted: May 10 2011 at 6:16pm
I know I'm new...so I hope this doesn't come across wrong.  I've always personally been a fan of writing articles of my experiences to share with everyone else.  I ran a newletter at one club, and had a few articles in a blog on another. 

Is there a way to add a section for "articles" since I read the Sea Star no longer exists?  Or...maybe just add a blog feature to the site?

Thoughts? 

Thanks for considering!
Nikki
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 6:42pm
Nikki - most people in the past have just created forum topics for articles as it allows discussion. We could certainly look into adding a blog section at some point. You can also always post any articles you want on our Facebook page. It's pretty active.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wasatch-Marine-Aquarium-Society/248664842425?v=wall&ref=mf
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 7:27pm
Nikki- The SeaStar isn't totally dead. I have been put in charge of those for this year. You can read the first 3 moths over in the meetings section. May's will be out by the end of this week, so keep an eye out for that. If you would like to have an article placed in the sea star that would be great! Feel free to email me or pm me and we'll work out the details.

Here's a link to one I did regarding hyposalinity treatments http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46585
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 8:27pm
I'd also say that if you wanted to head up and run a newsletter for us- I'm sure the presidency would fully support that. If someone has the time and the drive to do it we're all for it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:48am
Ahhh, cool!  Glad to hear there are still articles going on around.  Have to say, there's a LOT of reading to catch up on!  Maybe after I meet everyone and get established out there I'd be interested in helping out like that, but I think I'll ease into the club for now.  :-)

www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 8:52pm
If you google "Adam Blundell" you will find a lot of his articles.

If you look in my signature line below you will see the link to a lot of my 'articles' Embarrassed
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

If you look in my signature line below you will see the link to a lot of my 'articles' Embarrassed

Ahhh, the blush of modesty!  Wink

Can't tell you guys how excited we are to join you all - finally a club where people are passionate and actually *do* things!!
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 10:37pm
Our problem here isn't doing things....... it's containing ourselves from doing too much. You know, spouses, work, kids, and all that stuff that we neglect.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic