Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Helios metal halides?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Helios metal halides?
    Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:32pm

Has anyone used Helios metal halides. I just bought a 400 watt 12,500k bulb. It is very bright and the color is very white, but I am having a hard time finding others who have used these bulbs. I have done searches on reefcentral, but find no info.

Here is their website... http://www.commodityaxis.com/ProductData.aspx?id=57

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:44pm
I've  heard good reviews, but for those prices, I would have reconsidered some of the proven tested brands that are highly reguarded and reasonably priced.
www.captivereefing.com
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2005 at 8:52pm

I was ordering an Iwasaki bulb, but the LFS was having some problems with the order. Since my corals were dying, they sold me the Helios bulb at cost - which was well under half the retail price.

I have seen some test results from Sanjay on reefcentral that show 250watt helios bulbs have PAR ratings off the chart. The prices are a little high...maybe why they aren't as popular

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 12:32am
Heck, if you got a nice deal, can't beat that with a stick... give em a go and keep everybody here up to date. Congrats on a sweet deal.
www.captivereefing.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic