Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mountain Shadow Topics Past and Present

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Connie Connie wrote:

Why should Randy support the Reef Tour when members dont.
If you all remember, I was and am very against it.   

I should probably wait to respond to this, but I feel so strongly
that if Mark came to my door right now, I would yell at him!

I am very proud of what the WMAS is. It is NOT just a place to
get cheap frags. I feel our Reef Tour is a big part of what we
are. I have missed one tour in my entire life, and I will never
miss another unless I am in the hospital.

I can not change it if a member does not support our core
principles. But, if a store does not support our endeavors, it is
my option to not give them one red cent.

I'll just wait and let somebody else buy his stuff and frag it!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 11:31am
Suzy, I can't come to your door right now, but I called and the line was busy. What did you want to yell at me about?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 11:44am

Shane,

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

jglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 12:37pm

Interesting thread!

I'm still baffeled why a store owner would come to a message board, insult its members and not try and rectify the sitiuation in any way shape or form.  I have never been to MSM and most likely will not based on randys actions on this board if somone is upset finding a solution (other than the proposed stop coming to my store) should be a priority for any member of a civilized society.  I wouldn't have carred with some serious complaints from board members but to have posted on the board without even attempting to some good It's mind boggeling. 

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by Connie Connie wrote:

Great idea..... Jake would it be possible to have a sponsor section or a spot for all LFS to list hours, location?? Not to sell stuff but to let us know about all of them and when we can visit..i

Connie,

Please click on the "Local Pet Stores" button to your left.

This lists all the pet stores in the valley that offer reef/marine fish related stuff (at least it should), their address, phone numbers, web sites, etc.  I would like to stay away from hours as they change frequently.  Please visit their web site or call them for their current hours.

Edited by Jake Pehrson
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
jglover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:08pm

I don't know about that pet kingdom in logan, talk about rude service.  They haven't even opened their store in years.

Anyway to get rid of the old ones jake, or start a new LFS in logan any volunteers?

Edited by jglover
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:11pm

I can only change stuff when I know it needs changing.  As far as I knew they were still open for business.

I will take care of it.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:22pm
I thought I heard they moved to north Ogden but maybe they don't do sw anymore.
BrokeCurmudgeon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrokeCurmudgeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 1:26pm

I have deleted my previous comments.

Fred

Edited by BrokeCurmudgeon
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here. - Dante

Riverton, Utah
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 2:15pm

Adam, Rules are rules... gotta enforce 'em. Identity theft is pretty rediculous... if it's true, then do what ya gotta do. As for me, I am in awe that you(Randy) someone I considered pretty intelegent and dignified(brutely honest, too boot), but all around a sound businessman have lied here... how can I or any other potential customer trust you from this point on??? I so hope that there is some underlying mistake or miscommunication that can be resolved. This friggin' sucks!!! I'm in limbo and until this situation is resolved by admission of mistake or validation of prior statements, I have no choice, but to discontinue my business there. Let all the truth be told and lets get over this rediculous situation. Adam, I believe that you probably feel validated in slandering Randy and his antics, but I am disappointed that you had to post everything(the shots and stuff) and didn't just do what you had to do as the WMAS president to enforce the rules after your findings then post a general reason that MSM was being black-balled. This really friggin' sucks!!!

Jason

www.captivereefing.com
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 2:24pm
I promised myself I wasn't going to to reply or post to this thread, but I have to agree with Jason.  I am disappointed with how this situation was handled with all involved including WMAS Presidency.  I think I'm going to take a little hiatus from the board.

Edited by rfoote
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 2:46pm
If I didn't know that there were old issues between the people involved here, I'd be surprised at this whole thing being allowed to go on. It looks to me that several people with unmet expectations are becoming extremely disappointed. This is resulting in misinformation and the questioning of personal integrity. This is so typical of arguments of this type. I believe it is sad that this ever happened. It leaves in it's wake a wave of hurt for everyone it touches.

May I suggest that all these threads be deleted and similar threads forbidden. Let us forgive and forget. Let us wipe the slates clean and move on with a positive attitude toward our hobby and all the people in it.

Mark
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:38pm
Agreed - I have had uncomfortable feelings about this.  It has made the board not a fun place over the last couple of days.
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:38pm
I agree with Mark.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:52pm

I can't help but disagree that nothing but positive things should be posted. Yes, even after the JimL/Carl after school fight fiasco.

Is it a positive situation? Heck no. Is anything good going to come out of it? Nope. But, it happened (still happening somewhat) and that's life. It has really been an eye opening experience for many. But the matter of the fact is that this is still a forum that allows members of the public to post whatever they want to within reason. In that case, consider it an open but moderated forum. Hence, my opinion is that if you do not really appreciate the contents of a certain topic, don't read it. Life continues in other topics without a tint of the contaminated stuff.

I think that with the current rules that govern the use of this board, people are free to speak their minds. And sometimes it's healthy. Sometimes not. But, after all is said and done it's still the best run message board in the hobby.

In Syracuse

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Carl Carl wrote:

But, after all is said and done it's still the best run message board in the hobby.

I agree. We need to hear the good, and the bad. If you don't like it, don't read it.
Jonzee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:02pm
Carl said it all and I can agree more
Ryan Jones
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:06pm

I agree with Carl. There has been little misinformation. Many enlightening things though.

I would question the integrity of anyone that would use identity theft to further their own agenda. And I believe that everyone should be able to see the very pompous posts by that same person that show the little care for customers that do not agree or have had issue with him. His post alone speaks volumes.

I do not believe these threads should be deleted. Every potential customer should know what kind of person they are giving their money to.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:32pm
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2005 at 4:36pm

One thing that's kinda bothered me.  Who is AMEYE4REAL?  I've got a suspicion that it's someone on this board posting under a pseudonym.  Not unlike what we've accused Randy of doing...  I hope I'm just paranoid.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic