Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mobile Web Format

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejcatmul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejcatmul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mobile Web Format
    Posted: May 19 2011 at 5:16pm
I have no idea how this would be done, but most of my time on here is on my iPhone. The text is quite small and requires much squinting and navigating the site difficult. Any possibility of this. I am not a paid member "yet" so I hate to make suggestions or request but it may be very useful.

"Noob"

Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 6:00pm
I wish there was a mobile version of the site as well. Images always load funny on my phone. I have the new Motorola Droid 2 Global and I have tried three of four different browsers.

I also wish I didn't have to go back and forth turning the WYSIWYG feature on and off. It gets super annoying!!!!

I applaud those that run this site though. I know NOTHING about this stuff or I would help out where I could.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 6:21pm
The site runs great on my iPad.  Get a bigger phone.  Evil Smile

Seriously though .... what other MBs do you frequent from your phone?  Maybe our web gurus can have a look and see what can be done.  

BTW - if you want to have some fun, try navigating the site on a BlackBerry.  That is damn near impossible.  I wish my work would upgrade to the iPhone or Droid!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 6:23pm
BTW - don't hesitate to make suggestions just because you havent't had the time to buy a membership.  The club will take all the great ideas we can get.

I'm almost sure you can access PayPal from the iPhone ... Tongue
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Seriously though .... what other MBs do you frequent from your phone?  Maybe our web gurus can have a look and see what can be done.  

BTW - if you want to have some fun, try navigating the site on a BlackBerry.  That is damn near impossible.  I wish my work would upgrade to the iPhone or Droid!

Reef Central runs perfectly on my phone.
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by ejcatmul ejcatmul wrote:

I have no idea how this would be done, but most of my time on here is on my iPhone. The text is quite small and requires much squinting and navigating the site difficult. Any possibility of this. I am not a paid member "yet" so I hate to make suggestions or request but it may be very useful.

+1
It's not about what you know but about who you know
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 7:48pm
I would love a true mobile version as well, however I understand that Jake does this all on a volunteer basis and that it may require significant changes to the code.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
GentlemanBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2011 at 10:22pm
In my experience, the easiest way to make a site mobile friendly is to add mobile stylesheets. This is easier than creating a separate mobile view as the mobile and non-mobile versions share the majority of their code.

Edited by GentlemanBean - May 19 2011 at 10:23pm
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Reef Central runs perfectly on my phone.

Lol
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 8:47pm
The site runs fine on my iphone, even with the wyswyg editor on. I'm not sure why I don't have issues. I do keep my software up to date and just use the regular safari browser.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
BnK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BnK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 8:56pm
I have a droid thunderbolt and also have no problems
Brett and Kristine | Layton, UT | Brett's e-mail: [email protected] | Kristine's e-mail: [email protected]
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 10:13pm
Incredible here. Works awesome
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 10:18pm
Someon should make an app
It's not about what you know but about who you know
wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2011 at 12:30am
The only problem I run into with my samsung galaxy s phone. Is pictures load to big to see the whole image.
JoshD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoshD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 2:05pm
I use opera mobile on my incredible and it works pretty good. like wicked mine still cuts off part of the picture but o'well. and I can and will second shane's comment on what a pain it is to nav with a blackberry. I'm just glad I can browse on the go.

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 6:55pm
I have been looking at this for a while.  I hope to have a mobile optomized version released sometime later this year.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic