Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20Gal again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rwccomptech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20Gal again
    Posted: May 24 2011 at 6:52pm
So Im just gonna use my 20 gal and get a new salt water setup going. Right now I'm building my stand. I'm just using 2x4's and will smooth out and stain when we get our house.
I am gonna be using a 30" current usa fixture again. I would like to use a 24" T5ho if someone had one they could trade that has moon lights.
For flow I'm looking for 2 or 3 powerheads. I want to go sumpless but will try doing a protein skimmer and small hob fuge.
I will most likely be using utah rock and make a small amount of fiji if I can find it. If anyone had some utah rock and sand lieing around they could donate or sale for cheap that would be awesome.
Thanks I'll post some pictures soon on the stand. :D
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 4:26pm
Sanding the stand today, will try to get some pics up soon.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 10:23pm
I got my stand most of the way done and also a new powerhead today.(first) I just need to get one more then a hob filter for a fuge. But anyways here is some pics.

Hydor Pico evo.mag 180GPH
Works amazing, it has that tip to circulate a bit different, I love it so far.

This is gonna be the stand for now,. Not the best, and not the worse either. Very very sturdy.

Still need sand and rock.

Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 10:42pm
Glad to see you're getting back in! Let me know when you're ready for some seed LS and LR, I'd be happy to donate some to your cause!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 10:48pm
Thanks Steve, hey did you have any of that Dead rock or some sand left? What do you think of my progress?
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 10:54pm
It looks like you're making good time. I do have TONS of nice LBTR left if you're interested (and it's the good stuff). I might have some extra sand left from my current project but I won't be able to know for sure until it gets closer to completion. 
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 11:00pm
Well I would be interested. I'm gonna try and make this one an awesome tank. My friend is holding onto that frag you gave me and it has grown a bit but I havn't herd from him in a few months so thats gonna be one of the first things I check up on.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 11:08pm
Let me know if you need any help. The most important thing is to be patient, plan it all out, and get the best available for your tank size, even if it takes you a little longer to set it up it will be well worth it in the end to do it well the first time rather than replacing/upgrading things later.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 11:28pm
Yeah, I do want to get T5ho instead of this pc I have but, I'm gonna stay with the pc for a bit.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 3:19pm
Lets see what I will get new today. Muahahah Lol
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 9:40pm
Salinity up to par and lvls are all normal.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 3:32pm
So now I have a bunch of different zoa's, 4 leather fingers, one chalice and one other frag. I dont know what the chalice is nor the other frag, and I will be trying to get some pictures soon. Computers down.
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwccomptech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 5:32pm
well i woke up this morning and now my tank has gotten cloody. i think its a mushroom dieing. its a leather finger and i have three of them. its starting to get a bit better. i caint wait for my hob protien skimmer
Ron
20g
60x turnover
30" current pc fixture
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic