Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 265 gallon upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 10:21pm
Looking awesome!
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by badfinger badfinger wrote:

You going bare bottom dave?.... gorgeous dave!

Thank you. I had not thought about going bare bottom, but I will be adding sand after the rock work is done. I love the current Diamond Goby I have and plan on adding another one. So I want all the rock to be sitting on the glass to avoid any potential digging problems.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Josh95 Josh95 wrote:

Very nice. what size sump?

The Sump is 48"L x 18"D x 15"H and holds 56 gallons.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:18am
Makes since, good thinkin.... keep up the awesome build

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 2:32am
The tank has been running for about 4 days now. I will probably be downsizing my Barracuda 5800 Gallon Per Hour Pump. It appears my Duraso drains can't handle that much flow. After testing my water and Ammonia-Nitrite-Nitrates coming up at 0, I began transferring rock and coral over to the new tank. I am trying to incorporate this rock with the new rock. I am still working on finishing up the rock structures and with only a minor 2-3 gallon water spill on our hardwood floors, things are going fairly smoothly.

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 5:54am
Looking good! What are you going to do for lighting?

Edited by kellerexpress - June 15 2011 at 5:57am
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 7:42am
I will being using 2x175W MH's from my old system on either end and I will be picking up either a 250W or 400W MH for the center. I will also run 2 Super Actinic 110W VHO's. Down the road, I hope to upgrade to full LED's. 

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 3:31pm
Update Pics?
Deluxe247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deluxe247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 1:03am
Some day I will have a tank about that size. No space right now. This is a very cool build. How are your floor joists holding up so far? Have you thought about providing any extra support, what with the equivalent of a car sitting in your entry?
90G Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by thathiep thathiep wrote:

Update Pics?

I wish I could. My desktop won't read my SD card and my laptop won't load the internet Confused. It looks awesome though Big smile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Deluxe247 Deluxe247 wrote:

Some day I will have a tank about that size. No space right now. This is a very cool build. How are your floor joists holding up so far? Have you thought about providing any extra support, what with the equivalent of a car sitting in your entry?

Thanks. Floor joists are looking great. When we built the house, I had my framer build extra support for my 90 gallon. He actually said he would feel comfortable parking his truck in my entry way. When we decided to upgrade to the 265, I had an engineer come and look at our house. He rated two 12" LVL's for 4000 pounds with an 1/8" sag. I have four 12" LVL's and two floor joists under the tank. So far no sagging at all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2011 at 11:39pm
Rock is complete. All fish and coral are in. Everything looks great.

daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 1:34am
david i came out and got the tang from you and i am still in shockConfused that has to be one of the most beautiful tank's i have evey seen i am totally amazed... you did an amazing job Clap
i can only hope that somday i have one that is half that nice.   GREAT JOBBig smile cant wait till you get the new pic's up so i can look closer. and to those of you who have the chance to go see what he has got you absolutely must the pic's so far dont do it any justic at all it is truly an amazing beautful tank again good job    oh and the tang lol   he like's his new home doing great and thanks again  

Edited by daranged - June 20 2011 at 1:37am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 8:05am
Originally posted by daranged daranged wrote:

david i came out and got the tang from you and i am still in shockConfused that has to be one of the most beautiful tank's i have evey seen i am totally amazed... you did an amazing job Clap

i can only hope that somday i have one that is half that nice.   GREAT JOBBig smile cant wait till you get the new pic's up so i can look closer. and to those of you who have the chance to go see what he has got you absolutely must the pic's so far dont do it any justic at all it is truly an amazing beautful tank again good job    oh and the tang lol   he like's his new home doing great and thanks again  

Thank you for coming out so quickly. That tang is an awesome fish. Enjoy. I appreciate your applause on my upgrade. It has been a very long two weeks. After pulling another all nighter Saturday, I was finally able to get the rock complete and all livestock moved over (besides your Yellow Tang).

For everyone else, I am working on trying to post pics. Maybe in the next couple of days. Thanks for all your interest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 10:41pm
Updated Pics

Full Shot with Flash

Full Shot

Left Side

Center

Right side / Cave

Our nice fat colony of Dendros. I believe there are 15 heads now. 

Edited by DLindquist - July 09 2011 at 11:12pm

tcfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tcfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 11:47pm
Where's the sump pics man, its always cool to see the "guts" of the systemLOLBig smile Looking really good though, how are you liking the bigger tank so far?
Need custom acrylic work? give me a call, www.Elite-Aquatics.net (801)645-6386

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2011 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by tacfab tacfab wrote:

Where's the sump pics man, its always cool to see the "guts" of the systemLOLBig smile Looking really good though, how are you liking the bigger tank so far?

Yes, I need more pics. Including the guts, which are all in the garage. My wife loves that and I love having all the room I need.

This tank has been a blast to set up. I love the sheer size. Our eight fish seem lost in something so big. While I feel our existing coral from the 90 pretty much filled up the 265, we all look forward to 20 or so more fish.

Edited by DLindquist - February 18 2012 at 7:49am

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2011 at 1:13am
Looking great!!  I really like the arches and open space.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2011 at 1:46am
Awesome David!!! I will have to come by and see it in person sometime:) I am sure it's gorgeous!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Nick801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2011 at 10:10am
Dang that really turned out nice =)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic