Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our 265 gallon upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Chad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 11:10pm
Looking great man! 
What?! You pooped in the refrigerator, and ate the entire wheel of cheese?! I'm not even mad.... That's actually amazing!
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Trevor40 Trevor40 wrote:

Thanks for showing me your tank the other day, it looks AMAZING!! Super clean and I love aquascape! It has so much potential to being one of the best reef tanks around.

Thanks. It was great meeting you and your wife.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Chad Chad wrote:

Looking great man! 

Thank you Chad. Things are coming along. 

I am working on adding a drain to the garage for ease of water changes through the quarantine tank. I will try for some pictures later today. As the outside temps continue to drop, I have added another 250W heater. That makes three total. The display temp has not dropped below 75.6 and I still need to enclose / insulate the garage sump.

Edited by DLindquist - December 10 2011 at 11:05am
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 9:22am
Busy last couple of days. 

I drilled a hole for a drain line in the bottom of the quarantine tank.

I insulated the entire sump area, set up and plumbed the 75G quarantine tank, plumbed in an additional drain line (which includes a future washing machine line, a direct drain for the quarantine tank and a soon to be 4" dump drain for miscellaneous waste water). I also completed a fresh water leak test. I still need to insulate the quarantine tank- similar to the sump.

Plumbing for waste water into recently added sewer drain.

Return and drain line for the 75G.

After completing the water leak test, it was time to test the new dump drain. This was the exact time it took to drain 75G through the new drain pipe! All I had to do was turn a ball valve.

When I got up this morning, the tank was 76.1 degrees with all three sump heaters in stand by mode. The sump insulation has made a huge difference. It feels like a sauna in there!

Edited by DLindquist - December 30 2011 at 8:09am

Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 2:03pm
Looking good! This is an amazing build buit for success!
Call or Text (801)834-3119
herrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 2:50pm
just came across this build thread. YOU ARE MY IDOL!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
125g Aggressive tank
SWC-Xtreme cone prtein skimmer
40g Sump
------------------------------
16g Innovative Marine Reef
AI led 75W

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:45pm

Looking good! This is an amazing build buit for success!

Thanks Trevor. We are pretty happy with the success so far.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by herrera herrera wrote:

just came across this build thread. YOU ARE MY IDOL!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but that's a lot to live up to. Hope I don't let you down.LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 6:08pm
Picture Update!

Hollywood Stunner

I've had this piece over five years and it's finally colored up.

Picked up a nice red sponge. We will see how it does as my emeralds have been caught nibbling on it.

A prized piece I picked up from Jared two years ago as a single 3/4" piece.

Here's a piece I was given for free about two years ago. However, it was 1.5" and solid brown back then...

Left side.

Center.

Right Side.

And to wrap things up, A full tank shot.

Edited by DLindquist - February 08 2012 at 6:41pm

thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 12:09am
WOW!!!  Very nice!  Keep them pics coming.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 7:17pm
Well it's been eight months since our 265G went on line. We have had a Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse in isolation for the last six weeks. Two days ago, he was moved to a high end, custom, $2.96 acclimation container (obviously not one of Tyler's finest). I just released him into the display tank. However, lights are out so pictures will have to come later. This makes a total of seven fish.

And for an added bonus, FedEx stopped by my house today.
I just added two Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp

A Pink Tube Anemone

And my prized Male Blond Naso Tang. I have been after this guy for over two months. I finally landed him off DD. He will be in isolation for the next two to three weeks. At that point I will get a new picture of him in the display tank.

Edited by DLindquist - February 18 2012 at 7:44am

P.Kapp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.Kapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2012 at 7:33pm
When the male blonde naso's start getting the streamers on their tails, I think they are some of the most beautiful fish in the hobby. Nice pickup!
Preston Kapp

210 Gal Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 8:10am
Originally posted by P.Kapp P.Kapp wrote:

When the male blonde naso's start getting the streamers on their tails, I think they are some of the most beautiful fish in the hobby. Nice pickup!

Thank you, I couldn't agree more. Ours already has the beginning of some, soon to be, long and beautiful streamers. I am quite excited.

Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 2:39pm
Nasos are just so sweet! im jealous man. Tanks lookin great!
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 7:45pm
My Blond Naso(Bruce) enjoys eating all kinds of food from my hands and loves watching me wherever I am close to the tank. He is teaching the other fish to be calm around me too. Best addition to my tank for sure. I feel like I have a dog that doesn't poop or shed in the house It will be fun to watch both out Naso's streamers grow as mine has small ones too. By the way the only food I could get mine to eat at first was chaeto just in case he is stressed and not eating that might help. Not the best food but anything is better than nothing.Mine was in bad shape at first and he bounced back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 3:10pm
Well, after much anticipation (even if only on my part)- I have transfered our Male Blond Naso, Mojo, to the display tank. This guy is amazing. With the exception of flake food, (which he will nibble at but doesn't love) he eat's anything else. 

Edited by DLindquist - February 26 2012 at 8:51pm

Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 11:04am
Beautiful!!! Those streamers are coming in nicely!! Cant wait to see him in person, one of my favorite fish by far. 
rhinoman242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhinoman242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 9:11am
Awesome tank Dave! It was really cool to start your thread from the begining and watch the tank progress from the ground up. Hope the pieces you picked up make a good addition :) It was nice meeting you yesterday, thanks again. -Steve
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 9:26am

Naso's are one of my faves as well -

Things are looking great, Dave! Clap

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 1:16pm

Beautiful!!! Those streamers are coming in nicely!! Cant wait to see him in person, one of my favorite fish by far. 

Thanks Trevor. Let me know if you want to swing by.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic