Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ahanix's LedSeaMax 130 - New Pictures - 7-27-2011
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ahanix's LedSeaMax 130 - New Pictures - 7-27-2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ahanix's LedSeaMax 130 - New Pictures - 7-27-2011
    Posted: May 30 2011 at 10:16pm
Well, here goes another tank. I decided to sell my 65g to pocket a little bit of cash, that and I absolutely missed having LED's from my Biocube.

After a huge change in the LED market, I feel that it was a good time to get back in the game, and since I like the all in one setup, figured the RSM would be a good choice.

Total Build Out Specs

Red Sea Max 130 - 34 Gallon
Aqueon 250w Heater (Stock RSM Heater has horrible reviews)
GE Digital Timer / Power Strip
LED Retrofit - 16 Royal Blue 8 Neutral White
Stevie T Media Basket

Edited by Ahanix - July 27 2011 at 9:30pm
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 7:36am
Why 3 drivers? with 24 LEDs you could do 1, with 2 strings or 2 drivers, 12 blues on one, 8 whites and 4 blues on the other.
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 1:41pm
Mostly went 3 drivers so I could seperately control the blues and whites. That and this will.give me the option to upgrade to 36 in the future if I want to
kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 3:27pm
sweet, i will be here waiting for more
day light scares me im going back under
sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Josh95 Josh95 wrote:

Why 3 drivers? with 24 LEDs you could do 1, with 2 strings or 2 drivers, 12 blues on one, 8 whites and 4 blues on the other.

You wouldn't want to mix XP-E and XP-G like that.  XP-G max current rating is 1500, XP-E is 1000.

You can run the 8 whites on one, and two parallel strings of 8 blues each on the other.  That's how mine are wired with almost the same configuration.  Same heat sink, same neutral white color scheme.  I ended up with XR-E RB though, they didn't have XP-E at the time I don't think.

Edited by sunflashx - May 31 2011 at 3:48pm
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 3:56pm
That's funny. That's exactly how I am doing my led layout. Except I'm shifting the group of whites over to place rows of blue on both sides.   How do you like it?
kay181 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kay181 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:19pm
man i really want to diy my own led set up
day light scares me im going back under
sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Ahanix Ahanix wrote:

That's funny. That's exactly how I am doing my led layout. Except I'm shifting the group of whites over to place rows of blue on both sides.   How do you like it?

I don't know if I like it.  It's been sitting around gathering dust for months while I worked on other parts of the tank.  I redid the feed wiring a couple nights ago, and it should be hooked up within the week.

If I like it I'll duplicate it with RB XPEs this time so I have 2 of them total over my tank.  Mostly for the purpose of using one type of optic rather than two.  I don't think the two lamps are significantly different.

sunflashx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflashx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 2:52pm
Got it running this morning, so far I'm pretty pleased with it.  Fills the whole tank as is with half the lamps I'm planning on putting over it.  Color seems pretty good, but I don't have anything really colorful to highlight how good it is.

No optics yet, but I'm surprised that the LEDs fill so well.

Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 11:08pm
Finally got around to updating photos
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 11:24am
Looks good. I love the huge xenia:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Looks good. I love the huge xenia:)

Thanks, I really really need to thin it out!!
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 11:43pm
Updated Photos, hopefully you can see the awesome growth and improved coloration of the corals

Edited by Ahanix - June 28 2011 at 11:45pm
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 3:49am
Looking good, don't u love trying to take pics with LED's?? I just got a fixture that is Cree LED's and I am loving it but just ordered a few more whites to add as it's a bit too blue for my liking, anyway I can't get a decent pic for the life of me without it being purple!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2011 at 9:04am
Yeah. It was realty hard for me at first but I was able to tweak the white balance on my phone and get the color about as close as you can. The second set of pictures are pretty much dead on as far as the color goes
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 9:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic